9 Replies Latest reply: Nov 8, 2016 5:30 PM by gingerbreadmanwv RSS

Fall 2016 MegaBonus - Additional Bonus

craig2006 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I was just wondering what choice people made for this bonus and after they completed it did they receive a 2nd MegaBonus..

During the Fall, I usually only travel 4-8 nights so I selected the Stay Twice and get 5000 points.  I completed that last week and saw yesterday that I had a new promotion:

Congratulations on reaching your goal. Now one more stay brings you even more rewards.

Earn your extra bonus:

• Register within 2 weeks of receiving your email invitation
  • Stay once* at participating properties between the day you register and 01/31/17
  • Earn 5,000 bonus points
    * A “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity. See Terms & Conditions for more details.

Did others receive this?  Also wondering if others who choose 10 nights, 20 nights, etc. got anything additional.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Fall 2016 MegaBonus - Additional Bonus
    trevfour Platinum

Oh dear, that makes my choice of the 10, 20 nights etc. offer look like a bad decision. 3 nights gain 10k points, my current 16 nights bring in the same 10k.

However, I have maximised points by choosing a couple of one night stays offering extra hotel bonus. Heathrow/Windsor @7k and Cheshunt @4k.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

CtsVette Platinum

I chose the same MegaBonus and when I completed the two stays I was offered the additional 5K for an additional stay.  Worked for me.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Nothing new coming my way. I chose the 10, 20, 30, etc. option. Currently at 17 nights (still waiting on one missing night). So far, 10k points. Looks like 20 is in reach, so that's another 10k.

I don't expect to see any add-on opportunities.

erc Platinum

Thank you for your loyalty Mr. Jacob. If you stretch a bit more and stay 29 nights, we'll send you two of these

Coal+for+Christmas.jpg  With love, your friends at Marriott

Oh well, as The Dude liked to say,  sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes the bear eats you.

Congrats to the 3 stay folks, who got the second offer; it's good to know someone got a deal. From a 15 nighter

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I think I'll stick with 20. Nine more nights to receive that lovely present just doesn't seem likely. Too bad as I could always burn it to keep warm this winter.

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

I choose the 10 nights, but I might not even make that as travel plans and schedules changed.  Had I chosen the stay two nights for 5K, plus the additional stay for another 5K, I'd have 10k points guaranteed.  This Fall MegaBonus is nothing but a huge MegaBummer. 

ne_traveling_man Platinum 8 Reviews

I was able to add a night (December 31st) that will bring me to 20 nights on the dot!!!  One of the nights I would have used my free night certificate but worth holding onto that for early next year to get the additional 10K bonus points!!!!

monisame Platinum

So you were invited ??? I thought that the extra offer only goes for those who choose to earn 5000k points.

gingerbreadmanwv Platinum

I maxed out my 50,000 fall  points bonus last week and received no additional offers.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...