10 Replies Latest reply: Nov 30, 2016 4:51 PM by insertcoffee RSS

Marriott Vacation Club

brandon0626 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Hello,

I am wondering if I will receive points for room rate at a Marriott Vacation Club in Orlando? Any help would be great. Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Vacation Club
    taxman193 Platinum 11 Reviews

I will try to answer your question but I am not the expert but have stayed at many MVC and also own two weeks in Aruba. If you booked your room as a non-owner directly through Marriott then yes, you will receive points and elite nights. If you obtained this room through a third party (i.e. you rented it from an owner) then no you will not receive points or elite nights. If you are using your own week (i.e. your an owner) you will not receive points but will receive elite nights.

Hope that helps.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

I've always received points for my vacation Club stays.  I am not an owner, just book them like I do a regular hotel room.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I will pile on with the same, booked at Marriott.com and always got my points and nights.

brandon0626 Gold

Thanks everyone!

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

As MVC owner, I receive nights' stays at MVC, but only 500 Marriott reward points as Platinum member. Don't believe you receive Marriott Reward Points at MVC as you normally do with stays in Marriott hotel properties. At least this has been my experience.

insertcoffee Platinum

I was glad to see this post, as I have never been able to find anything online about the points/nights reward policy for stays at MVC for NON-OWNERS.

carat AndrewT NathalieF deannad Perhaps one of  you could give us a definitive answer?

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I am not an MVC owner, and I've stayed at several MVC properties both on paid and points stays (Maui, Orlando, Hilton Head).

Points are earned at MVC for non-owners like any other Marriott brand.

10points.PNG

As noted in the graphic above, 10 points per $1 spent on room rate and qualifying charges (i.e. food and beverage).You'll also get your elite bonus and Platinum arrival gift of 500 points. Likewise you will get elite night credits for any nights stayed. It is possible to redeem MR points for stays at MVC properties, though it can be difficult to get specific dates, as MVC owners get priority. Only after their choices are made, do properties open up remaining room inventory to points stays.

A few areas where MVC locations are different. First, there are no upgrades. Don't even bother to ask. MVC doesn't do it. Similarly, breakfast is not offered to Gold or Platinum guests (no lounge, no breakfast vouchers, nothing). Oh, and there is no late checkout. MVC is exempt from the late checkout guarantee. Some of the fine print can be found here, though you have to dig in a ways. Marriott Rewards® Terms and Conditions

For the curious, MVC was spun off as a separate company in 2011 and is headquartered in Orlando.

insertcoffee Platinum

Thanks bejacob

Yes, MVCs are notorious about checkout times.  Not sure what it is about those specifically, but have been a guest many times at these properties (where a friend was an owner), and it is always, always, not one minute later for check out.

curiousone Platinum

My wife and I just spent 2 nites at the MVCI Desert Springs/Enclaves in Palm Desert for T-day. I have never had an MVCI Resort extent a checkout time, until this trip. Normal check-in is 4 PM but they did not get us our room assignment until 5:45 PM they offered a $50 onsite credit with a 2 hour delay on checkout. I was very happy to learn that we would be able to charge anything at the JW Marriott Palm Desert back to the Enclaves, since we were participating in the T-day buffet at the JW. I was not able to take advantage of the 2 hour delay on check-out since we wanted to get back to Phoenix. We have already received credit for the 2 MVCI nites along with MR points for the stay on my MR account. Just a note, the MVCI Pulse San Diego (a converted hotel) has a noon checkout. When I asked about this the SD Pulse said it was because they did not have full kitchens, like the resorts, and took less time to turn around.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi All -  If members book a stay at a standard rate through Marriott channels, it will be eligible for credit.  If it is booked through a third party (such as Expedia or Interval International, or renting the villa from an MVCI owner) it would not be eligible for credit.  If you are an owner and stay during your ownership week, you would receive Elite nights but no points for the room rate.  On any of these stay types, if they have incidental items charged to the room, they would receive points for those charges.  Feel free to let us know of any additional questions you may have.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...