11 Replies Latest reply: Nov 7, 2016 8:20 PM by etwhite RSS

Up To 50% Discount On Purchase Of Starwood Points!!

etwhite Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

50.JPG

I checked my offer and didn't get but 35%    

35% Breakdown: $682.50 would get me 30,000 Starpoints. This in turn would be the equivalent of 90,000 Marriott points.

If I had gotten the 50% offer, I could have purchased those same 30,000 Starpoints for $525.00.  Marriott allows you to purchase up to 50,000 points for $625.00. 

So if you are a little short on points for that special vacation and thinking about purchasing some points, now might be the right time!!

50,000 points buying from Marriott  $625.00

Buy 30,000 from SPG then transfer to Marriott for  90,000 points --------------------------------  $525.00

This Would SAVE You $100.00 And Gain You An Additional 40,000 Points!!!   (Offer Ends Dec. 31st)

Here is the link : https://buy.points.com/marketing/spg/landing_page/#/en-US

I'd like to know if you get the 50% offer......  Thanks.............

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Up To 50% Discount On Purchase Of Starwood Points!!
    nationwide Platinum

etwhite, I didn't get this offer, but noticed one in my junk folder that promises 2X starpoints on weekdays, and 3X starpoints on weekends through mid December.  Something to consider given the very soft benefits in the fall mega bonus.  If you hadn't posted this, I would never have gone and looked.  Thanks for sharing.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

erc Platinum

Thanks for sharing - good stuff for anyone who got the 50% off - .583 cents per Marriott point

Here's how it plays in Starwood land

apologies to anyone getting my previous miscalculation on the cost; I'm apparently going to have to start posting sooner or starting Happy Hour later

seatexan Platinum

I think I got 35% too... 50% would be nice though!

erc Platinum

Here's an interesting observation from reading the link above about Starwood recipients. The offer went down over time. Many folks reported their 50% off went down to 35 and 25 when they went back. Man, now we have dynamic pricing in our targeted offers.

Best to stay inform, because apparently, if you snooze, you lose.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Yes thank you indeed for sharing this link.  As erc has noted the offer I just looked at was down to 25% for me.

Are we sure that some place hidden deep in the Marriott halls these SPG points if you did in fact purchase them  would be allowed to be transferred at the 1 to 3 ration?  I sure didn't see where it said you couldn't, just curious if anyone had done so already.

oilmasters Platinum 1 Reviews

My husband got the 30% offer.  I did some calculations & I'm sure buying points if you're short on points or if you received a higher % offer, it may be worthwhile.  However, if I were to purchase 15k SPG points for $367.50 ( the 30% offer), then transferred them to Marriott = 45k points that would get me a nice room, but for $367.50 I could probably just purchase the room & get the PE 50% bonus points.  I'm sure this could vary by location, time of stay, etc.  Am I looking at this correctly?

erc Platinum

Yes, you are looking at it correctly. Like you say, the key would be to find a $600 per night Category 9 room (which, of course are out there). So, it comes down to specific use.

etwhite Platinum

oilmasters, I think erc, summed this up precisely.  It all comes down to the math!!!

Playa.JPG

I spent 240,000 points for the trip.  If I had needed 90,000 additional points to get it, then it would have definitely been well worth spending $525.00 in order to buy those points.... 

rle Gold

I did not get this offer but after clicking on the link you provided, I discovered that I am eligible for it and at the 50% discount!  Thank you so much!  $525 for 90,000 Marriott Points is kind of awesome! 

Actually, by using the SPG card, I will earn an extra 1,050 points, which translates into an additional 3,150 Marriott points!!  Thank you for pointing this out, etwhite!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...