11 Replies Latest reply: Nov 8, 2016 10:02 AM by preferred RSS

Fast path to achieve Lifetime Gold

preferred Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Need the advice is there any challenges to maximize the Nights and Points and achieve Lifetime Gold?  I still need ~50 nights and still needs another 50% of the points to make the way.  Any thought?  Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Fast path to achieve Lifetime Gold
    Jsucool76 Gold

If you have the Marriott card get to spending . Those elite nights for 3k spend will add up .

You could also consider getting the Marriott business card for an additional 15 nights a year.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

trevfour Platinum

Hi Jsucool76  I read the post as they still require 800,000 points, a good way off LG

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hey preferred! If you could please send me a private message with your Rewards number, I can look into your eligibility around a status challenge!

preferred Platinum

Already send your my Reward number

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

yes the credit card will be good for building points and nights. If you stay a lot for a few years with the card and roll over you accumulate nights very quickly

trevfour Platinum

Hi jerryl it's not nights preferred needs, only 50 if I read it correctly, it's points, and if there's a fast track to 800,000 put me on it!

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

You are correct. Unfortunately the one ways i know to accumulate a lot of points is to spend more money.  Using the card does help and of course staying at more expensive Marriotts but i would never put forward that idea . I am sure thats why lifetime is both points abd nights as nights are easier to garner .

preferred Platinum

That's right, I need another 50 nights and 800K points.  I am still need to continue collect the points (far-far-away), using Marriott credit card not the option for me as I am residing at Asia.

peymanagement Platinum

preferred, I am in the same situation. The simple answer is there is no easy way. I think that is why many are upset with this falls mega-bonus as previous ones afforded a way to knock off the points.

homoviator Platinum

So here´s three ideas

1.  right now you can get 80,000 bonus if you open a Marriott Rewards Business credit card from Chase. Usually they are fairly lenient as to what constitutes a business. To get the 80,000 you also have to spend 3000 so minimum 83,000 if you just use the card for non marriott things.  if you max it out at the Marriott, it would get you 95,000 pts.

2.  I think--and somebody can chime in--if somebody transfers points to you, that will take them away from their lifetime and put it in yours.  you can do 50,000 max a year. 

3.  Make the Chase Marriott your primary card.  The points are very slow going if you aren't using them for a Marriott, but if you happen to be able to generate a lot of regular spending on it, even though at 1 point per cent, it is still great if it can get you to lifetime status quicker. 

3a However, with that said, it is likely more useful to take the $ you can get from a card that pays cash, then use your cash bonus and use that for hotel rooms.  Minimize your free room usage and make sure you always pay for your rooms until you are over the hump.

I started thinking about lifetime status about 2 years ago and have focused on getting my points and nights in sync. That really helped, so if anybody out there is thinking about a lifetime status, figure out if you are points heavy or nights heavy and try to balance out the two.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

All good ideas, homoviator but with preferred residing in Asia, the amazing USA credit card deals aren't available. Great strategies though if you can get those cards! And yes, transfers into your account from another member do add to your lifetime score, though they are subtracted from the donors lifetime record.

The dual points-and-nights requirement is deliberate, preferred. I live in a part of the world where Marriott's are pricey, thus by the time I reached 500 nights for lifetime Gold, over 2 years ago, I had already earned the 2 million points for lifetime Plat. I'm now slogging my way to the nights...

I'm afraid there's no easy way to make the points in the absence of credit cards. All I can really offer is the obvious advice to avoid half-point brands (Residence Inn/Townplace Suites), maximise your megabonuses (alas the current one is more of a microbonus) and look out for member rates that include bonus points, mostly they're not worth much but I always find a few each year that add 5,000 or 10,000 points per night/stay for very little extra cash.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...