4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 5, 2016 7:33 PM by randomname RSS

Invitation for a Hotel Review

mb808 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

So, I spend several hundred nights each year at Marriott properties but I have never been invited to post a review of a hotel.  What is the system?  How could someone who spends as many nights as I do, at various levels of property around the world, have never been asked by Marriott to post a review?  And I can say that I have never seen a review posted by a Platinum Premier.  I have seen lots of Platinum postings but never a Platinum Premier.  I don't understand Marriott's system for soliciting reviews. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Invitation for a Hotel Review
    nationwide Platinum

mb808, you are asking a great question.    There is seemingly so much value in hearing from frequent travelers; we would all love to read and write reviews to share with one another.  Coincidentally, there is another thread active right now that addresses the history of Marriott reviews from way back through present.  It's worth a read to really understand what's going on.  I must admit, it's less than gratifying when you get to the end and understand why we are where we are.  I've copied the thread below for your reference....  Happy reading!

Reviewing hotels where we've stayed

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

etwhite Platinum

mb808 , nationwide. I looked back at some old email. I can't swear that I receive an email offer every time I stay at a particular Marriott Hotel. I do know if you don't fill out the " Begin Survey" you won't be invited to write a review that will post on the individual Marriott property. I also attached some FAQ's I found on the Marriott website.

Picked.JPG

Review.JPG

Review2.JPG

nationwide Platinum

etwhite, thanks for sharing!  It's been a long time since I received an invite to provide a review.  Most often, we just post them here on Insiders, and I have found those reviews to be quite reliable.  The fine print questions at the bottom confirm the explanation in the other thread about moderator involvement, random posting etc. 

It's fascinating the restrictions on beginning the survey and being cut off after 24 hours as well as the 2 week overall time window for submission.  I get that fresh perspective is most important, but two weeks seems quite short.  If you are on a road-trip of any length, with multiple stops, you might miss the submission window altogether. 

randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

I've not gotten a request either, and am PP.  However, I must say I was impressed with the Marriott City Center in Charlotte last night.  Completely revamped, including an M-lounge (open every day of the week!).  Great food, lots of space.  However, wife wasn't impressed with lack of a tub in the bathroom.  That seems to be a trend with new hotels.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...