14 Replies Latest reply: Dec 3, 2016 11:40 AM by mustanggt RSS

Chase Marriott Visa Horrible Service - Cancelled account

7trees Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I'm a MR Platinum Elite and a Chase Visa Premier Card holder. I just had to cancel my Chase Visa card after 3 years. I've never received service so poor from a CC provider. 3 Months ago filed the first dispute I've ever made with any card due to a completely defective purchase. Chase refused multiple attempts to stand behind their promise for purchase protection. After filing multiple forms of documentation and 13 calls to the 'Customer Service Dispute Manager' in Mumbai only to receive a 'voice mail is full' message on every single call I am forced to leave the Marriott affiliated Visa. I strongly advise all MR members that the Buyer Should Beware of Chase MR Visa. I will not own another Chase credit card product. I am an Amex Platinum cardholder and will keep all $250,000 of annual card purchases with Amex. Marriott must find a better Visa provider that values customers and treats loyal card members like Marriott treats their loyal guests!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Chase Marriott Visa Horrible Service - Cancelled account
    insertcoffee Platinum

If you're an Amex holder, I'm surprised you didn't make the bulk of your merchandise purchases on that card to start with, as Amex has the some of the best customer service in the industry.

Your experience is a regrettable one. If you are really charging that much on your card, you are likely paying it off every month, and not a big money maker for the company anyway. Their money is made on people who carry large balances and pay the minimum and take thirty years to pay off 5,000.00.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

markiec63 Gold

I feel your pain.  Chase vs. AMEX is the key factor I'm considering going totally to Hilton.  I mean, I don't live in hotels, but I stay about 45 or 50 nights a year.  Chase just baffles me, man.

ne_traveling_man Platinum 8 Reviews

Sorry you had issues.  I have been with Chase for over 5 years and have never experienced any issues.  I guess it is like anything else when it comes to consistency of customer service.... most times it is good to great... other times it is poor to "I'm out of here".....

mustanggt Platinum

I'm sorry to hear that your experience with Chase has been so poor.  I've had my Chase card for a long time now and never once had a service problem.  In fact, when I have had fraudulent charges appear on my card all it took was one quick phone call to Chase to have the charges reversed and a new card issued.  Also, the extra Marriott rewards points and elite night credits can't be beat.  This credit card helped me achieve LTP.

markiec63 Gold

I'm just bitter!  One of these days, we'll get on good terms!

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

I've had the Chase Card for more than 15 years and have never had a problem that was not resolved quickly and in my favor.  The card mad it possible for me to reach Platinum every year and I recommended ti o both my kids and to friends.

7trees Platinum

UPDATE: I appreciate all of your comments. Trust me, for me it is far more exhausting having to be disappointed customer. I didn't want to complain and waste time venting about it. I think most customers don't expect spectacular service, we just want smart and responsible service.

In any case I can report some crazy news. A week after I closed my account I got a letter from Chase (dated before the horrible CS phone call) advising me that they had made my dispute claim permanent and refunded me the full charge! I was shocked and confused and after a few calls was able to verify that indeed the 'supervisor' that informed that they they would not support my claim was not reading the whole file where the decision had already been made. I find out that the retailer was never charged back either so apparently Chase made good on the promise to protect us from damaged goods. It must have been paid by their insurance provider.

Chase did the right thing and I'm completely satisfied and re-instated my card immediately. It gives me faith in the service Chase ended up supplying and I retract my negative comment. Still a supervisor needs to be replaced.

mustanggt Platinum

Or funding the US government for 2 seconds!

jamesdean Platinum 1 Reviews

While I find no CC is perfect I've been pretty pleased with my Chase MR card. For me the limit is a bit low ($25K). On my travels I can burn through large sums pretty quickly, but I have two other cards to rely on.

They phoned me once to tell me they suspect a hack in the Texas area which is where I was on business. It turned out no charges were put through but I felt good knowing they were looking out for me...

bigmrm Platinum

@jamesdean I believe the limit on Chase's Marriott card isn't a credit limit in the traditional sense. You can go far over this limit but the requirement is that you be below your limit by the next billing cycle. For example, if your limit is 25K and you charge 50K it should be no problem as long as you make an on-time payment to bring it down below 25K (including any interest accrued) before your next bill is cut.

mustanggt Platinum

I'm not sure about this interpretation.  I have several friends that have mentioned to me that when you hit the limit at any point during your billing cycle you can't charge anymore until you either make a payment or increase your credit limit.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...