5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 4, 2016 10:27 AM by seatexan RSS

Drugs, partying and prostitutes at Oklahoma City Renaissance

platinum/goldmember Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I was a platinum member now I'm gold, and I am about 10 seconds away from never staying at a Marriott for the rest of my life. I'd rather not air all the dirt publicly, however, I don't know where else to turn.  My wife and I were called liars after calling security three times at 5am notifying the front desk that there was a party next door at the Renaissance Oklahoma City. After the third call where my wife was called a liar and the employee hung up on her, I had to physically go down to the desk and get the manager and security guard. The manager literally came into our suite, and into the bedroom, because he STILL didn't believe people were in the room. My wife was berated by a front desk person, she refused to give her name, called my wife a liar, and hung up. Remember, this was the third call from us.

Long story short, turns out that our ears weren't broken, and there were prostitutes and drugs in the room, and all the people in the room were arrested.  Insane.

So, instead of having a nice morning in what was supposed to be a nice hotel, we were more than likely sleeping next to felonious activities, told that we were liars, and had to leave the hotel at roughly 6am due to the fact that my family was awoken by the manger coming in our room and the party ongoing next door.

There is much more to this story.  I called Marriott HQ, and was treated like garbage. I guess they don't think that my family means much given the fact we were feet away from drugs and prostitutes.  I couldn't believe it.  I feel the worst part is the mere fact that the front desk employees didnt believe us about a simple noise complaint, and had to be called three times, AND I had to go to the desk to get them.

Marriott HQ blew me off, stated they needed to get more information. What? Said they would call back; haven't yet .

Absolutely unbelievable.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Drugs, partying and prostitutes at Oklahoma City Renaissance
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Now, can I ask you to read this again? Now think...

I don't know you. Nobody on this forum knows you. Does this splodge of a rant make much sense? If you approached the hotel staff like this, or Marriott Customer Services, I'm not surprised you got the brush off.

May I suggest you breathe deeply, meditate, and breeeeaaaaatttthe... A little calmer now? Excellent! Continue for 10 mins...

Have 10 minutes past. No, really? Are you sure? How do you feel now? Hopefully ready to explain what happened. May I suggest something like:

I was staying with my wife at the (name hotel here - I'm not going to as this is necessarily guesswork) on a 2-night break. On the second night we were awoken by sounds of partying close by. I quickly worked out they were coming from the room next to us, and as I listened further heard a female yell at the top of her voice "This is great heroin, I want to shoot up again". I was very concerned that a party consuming drugs was going on next door so rang down to reception to ask them to investigate the noise for me, adding that I was sure there was narcotic activity. They said they would send someone up to investigate and whilst I was waiting the partying became louder, and the language vile. At one point I heard a male yell, "this prostitute wants $200 to **** me, that's way too much" Another voice replied "mines half the price of yours, I'll send her over when I've finished". Needless to say the yelling was intejected with pointless swearing. After 20 minutes waiting and listening to this party get louder and louder I rang reception again chasing up security only to be told they hadn't sent anyone because the room next to me wasn't occupied.

Now I'm not given to making things up and this party was really disturbing me so...

...and here here I leave you to continue the whole sorry tale.

I think your story sounds like it might be appalling and the hotel owes you an apology and some serious compensation - not for the party, nor drugs, nor prostitutes as the hotel can't control what people bring into their room, but for what I am guessing is their lamentable lack of action and, again I guess because your post is such a splodge of a rant I cannot do otherwise, insistence that as their computer showed the room as unoccupied, they refused to send someone to even check, so you were, well, I'm not sure I want to guess further.

So, please, tell us the story, it sounds very interesting and very much like a legitimate complaint but it's so wrapped up in a spittle-filled keyboard-pounding rant that it's barely intelligible. Remember - I wasn't there, and neither was anyone reading this thread.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

seatexan Platinum

Well the title sure caught my attention, lol.  I was like whaaa no way!

I wonder how they got arrested if the hotel didn't do anything. Or... did they finally do something on the 3rd call?

insertcoffee Platinum

With all due respect, I can't really understand your post.

But three calls to the FD, if they were focused on middle of the night noise, rather than any allegations of what might have been going on in the offending room, should have gotten some traction. I have no idea what happened, but if you can give us a few succinct sentences, we'll all have a better idea of the issue.

chobbits Platinum

Wow - I got excited for a moment. I thought this was about a new Platinum perk...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...