2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 7, 2016 9:39 AM by jbs221 RSS

Redeem 7 night travel package at a Vacation Club property?

jbs221 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

We recently swapped points for air + travel package at the Category 8 level.     Can we use this at a Vacation Club Property?  I called and was told that they "think" it's possible, but not available until last minute.  The VC properties are blacked out for vacation club members first, then opened up for point redemptions if rooms are available at the last minute. 

I'm wondering if anyone has successfully used a TP for a vacation club property.  (We are not vacation club members.) 

Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Redeem 7 night travel package at a Vacation Club property?
    tker Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

I can give you the EXACT answer to this question as we use TP's often and own MVCI properties.

You received the WRONG info.

To use your certificate, a 7 night award stay has to be available at the MVCI property you want to visit-just as if it was ANY other hotel. However, award stays may be limited at MVCI's. They come from limited inventory owned by the company. So, they are more difficult to find. If you see seven nights, your TP will work AS LONG AS the certificate category matches that the property

VERY IMPORTANT: The base certificate only gives you the guest room side of a MVCI villa. If you want a one, two, or three bedroom, you have to use additional points to upgrade-even if the MVCI only has larger units-like Phuket and St Kitts only have 2br.

Here are the additional points needed to get larger units:

Your certificate Plus:

+5K per night for 1BR

+10K per night for 2BR

+15K per night for 3BR

You can reserve at any time. No need to wait until last minute. Hope this helped!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Redeem 7 night travel package at a Vacation Club property?
      jbs221 Silver

Thank you so much . . . this is exactly what I was looking for.   Frustrating that the Marriott employees in customer service often don't have the correct info!   

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...