6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 4, 2016 10:52 PM by vpat RSS

Trouble getting the points posted?

vpat Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Is anyone having problem getting points posted on their reward account?  I have terrible time getting points posted on my account for a stay in October 2016.

I provided the reward number at hotel (in fact the reward number is on the folio).

After two weeks, submitted a "missing stay" claim and sent copy of folio.  No reply till now.

Sent email to member.updates@M******.com a week later.  No reply till now.

Called customer service and they asked me to send it again to the same email attention to a specific person.  Sent last night.  Points not posted till now.

I do not know how many people give up after three tries and do not get their points posted and forfeit them.  I have stayed in this specific hotel for over 5 times this year and never have points posted without calling or submitting Missing Stay claim.

Just had enough of this and about to move to another loyalty program.  Just curious if other have same problem or not.  Is this exception or generally standard practice at MR.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Trouble getting the points posted?
    tewas21 Platinum

You just need to keep calling. Someone will eventually pick up that knows what he/she is doing.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

peymanagement Platinum

vpat were your stays in the USA? I find US stays get posted ok, but Europe is hopeless, I always have to chase points in Europe. I believe that there should be a penalty for non posting.  Marriott loses new customers for sure who just give up!

vpat Platinum

the stay in question (last 5 also during this year) were in Panama.  Since then I had two different stays in US and both stays were posted properly.  So my experience outside USA matches yours!

Best.

insertcoffee Platinum

If you're experiencing this at the same property over and over, I'd speak to the GM about it. The property has to release several items in order for MR to do its part, and perhaps that is not happening in their process. There are so many places for failure, it can be difficult to show where exactly it gets broken.

Having said that, I have a property at which I stay regularly, and the points always take a minimum of two weeks to post. I know for a fact that the manager has done the hotel's part of the process.  The stock answer when  you call MR, in my experience, has been they will blame the hotel, but that is not always the right party to blame. When I shared that with a GM, she personally called MR for me to make sure my points were posted, because it was absolutely not the hotel to blame.

Another part of Marriott IT that I do not love. I do not experience this with other hotel brands, and my airlines points post almost without fail within 24 hours (although that is not an apples-apples comparison).

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Sorry to hear you had such a frustrating time with this, vpat. Feel free to reach out to myself or any of the other Community Managers if you run into trouble with this again!

vpat Platinum

Lindseyh  thanks for reply.  will send info shortly.

thx

Ps:  Just an update two nights after sending email to Ella and over two weeks after sending email to Sheri with copy of folios, still points not posted or stay reported to my account. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...