9 Replies Latest reply: Nov 7, 2016 4:14 PM by gaspemic RSS

Best Airport Transfer: London Airports to the City

gaspemic Member
Currently Being Moderated

Hallo I am using 247 Airports Cars all the time but want to hear more suggestions to travel from any London airoprt to the heart of London. Mostly we travel from the LCY or Heathrow - we try to avoid Gatwick by car since that is pain in the *** - the rail ist here a good option but not with heavy luggage.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
St. Pancras, England
Marriott County Hall
london
  • Re: Best Airport Transfer: London Airports to the City
    seatexan Platinum

Good question! I was just going to call the hotel I will be staying at and see if they could arrange something. I didn't know of 24/7 Airport Taxi so I will look that up.

I agree about not wanting to deal with the rail if you have luggage.  Also as it will be my first time in London, being so unfamiliar with the transportation system, trying to navigate to the hotel after a long haul flight is not something I want to tackle on my first day!

Thanks for the 24/7 Airport Taxi tip!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

stelzer001 Platinum 2 Reviews

Being a frequent UK visitor for work and leisure, I suggest the follwing

Car services, Black cars like those used by UBER or LYFT in the USA are available:

Addison Lee (www.addisonlee.com)

app based: Hail-O (hailo the app name)

UK Taxi (www.uktaxi.com)

Cabhit (www.cabhit.com)

I suggest you price it and see who offers the best deal for your needs. Some of the companies off carbon offset purchases so you can go greener if you wish to pay for it

I also believe Uber may be in the UK now, but do check them as well.

good luck and safe travels

seatexan Platinum

Thank you!!!  24/7 was about 39 pounds (cash) 41 (cc) one way from Heathrow to Central London... I will check these out.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

I would be interested in trying Uber in Europe.  I have been happy with Uber in the States.  We just used a good old fashioned London taxi to go to/from the airport (LHR) and were very happy with it.  When I have had the hotels order me a taxi in Paris, I always get a nice black car service and it prices out to the same as a taxi.  I have also used Super Shuttle's black car service in Paris.  I believe it is also available in London.  Again, same price as a taxi and was very happy with the service.  I am still mostly a do-it-myself public transit girl, luggage and all (it keeps me in denial that I am getting old), but when traveling with Mum, taxi is the order of the day.

gaspemic Member

yes it always depends on with wohm you are travelling ... with my wife i prefer a taxi - it is more Relaxing and easy going and since we always use our London trips also for Wellness we are maybe a bit different from the average Tourist :-)

remeam Platinum

We used UBER to get from London-Heathrow to the Marriott Park Lane in late September of this year.  It was about $50 in (very) heavy traffic, so I feel like it was a good deal.

seatexan Platinum

That sounds like a good price.  What time did you land and about what time did you take the Uber?

gaspemic Member

I would like to test Uber pretty soon too as it seems to be a really good start up - even if you maybe can not called it start up as the scale they are operating :-)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...