1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 3, 2016 8:42 PM by homoviator RSS

New place in Ann Arbor, MI

debbiebrown Platinum 6 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Though I am Green & White, all the way, Ann Arbor, MI is a great place for soooo many awesome restaurants and fun shopping sites! This past weekend I opted to do the town up right with my husband and a close friend who lives there in town. Planned an over nighter and popped for the Ann Arbor Residence Inn. Very nicely done! Beautiful decor, very nice exercise room and pool, luscious bedding, full kitchen and so much more.  Perfectly located to all the Ann Arbor treasures. Very safe area for walking about. The down side....first I thought I did it with points, but then maybe I did not, because it was not available that weekend, but anyway, was surprised to see the room was $299 for the night. Ouch! Very nice, but....not a hotel with fine restaurants and business lounge and all that. But ouch....and no included valet $25 or snack coupons or upgrade or.......(Platinum Elite Lifetime Status)

And then I was poking around that hotel site and was looking at the rates. Usually.....well...always....we do points, so I don't pay so much attention, but WOW how the prices can vary. Crazy...does not seem right...worse than the airlines. Understand, I am flowing Marriott in my veins, but the price variances are well, kind of a racket and make no sense. Check out the $649 nights!

See attachment of what I found and maybe some pictures of the hotel if I can figure it out!

Any comments!?

Find Hotel Deals and Offers.png

IMG_6998 copy.jpg

IMG_6996 copy.jpg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Ann Arbor
  • Re: New place in Ann Arbor, MI
    homoviator Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

As somebody who lived in Ann Arbor, the variety of prices is probably highly dependent of what´s happening on campus.

There are many graduations, family weekends, alumni weekends and never forget football weekends.  These dates command premium prices because there are always people willing to pay.  It´s all econ 101 supply and demand and on busy weekends, there are never enough rooms forcing people to go the next town over.

I don´t even know the football schedule this year, but without looking, your 600 night is probably Ohio or Notre Dame. When tickets go for 600 on stub hub, it makes a 600 room look cheap.

Go Blue!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...