4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 1, 2016 12:39 AM by insertcoffee RSS

confused!

jpm Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I'm confused!! is there a difference between  LIFETIME STATUS and just "regular"? I'm currently platinum elite with 41 nights this year but my lifetime nights are 340?? is there something i need to do??

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: confused!
    nationwide Platinum

@jpm  No worries - if you are currently platinum, and have 41 nights this year, your status for next year will be dependent on where you end the year.  Worst case scenario, you will drop to Gold status for all of 2017 if you can't nail down the other 34 nights between now and year end.  That's if you did nothing else.  You will have options though.

1. You can opt to take a Platinum Status Challenge early next year, and after achieving 9 stays in 3 months you would go back to platinum.
    2. Alternatively, you may be afforded the chance to buy your status back to platinum level.  Historically, that has cost about 40,000 rewards points for the buy-back.

As for the lifetime status counter, that is just telling you where you are against the objectives for lifetime status.  You will need 250 for Silver lifetime, which you have.  You must also have the 1.2 Million lifetime points to accompany it to secure the Silver lifetime status.  Going up from there, Gold is 500 nights and 1.6 M points, and for Platinum you need 750 lifetime nights and 2 Million points.

It looks like you are well on your way, but you will need to make some decisions about next year depending on how this year finishes for you.  You don't need to do anything right now, but you should begin contemplating how the year will end and whether you want to pursue retaining platinum with one of the above options. 

I hope this was helpful!  Happy traveling!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

mustanggt Platinum

If you haven't done so already, get a Marriott Rewards VISA card from Chase.  For every $3,000 spent you will earn one elite night credit that will count toward achieving your annual status and your lifetime status.

sunsoaker Platinum 3 Reviews

Currently its only 2 million and 750 stays for lifetime platinum.

When I earned Platinum lifetime it required 1000 stays, 3.5 million points, and be a member for 12 years.

So much easier to reach now.

insertcoffee Platinum

sunsoaker Other than the requirements for LTP, those were also much better traveling times than now as well...will be interesting to see what changes are in the works for 2018 and potential merging of the two programs. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...