4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 25, 2016 11:56 AM by randomname RSS

differences between Marriott lounges and SPG's?

homoviator Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

So I spent much of last year learning about the differences between Marriott lounges in the US and abroad.  Then it dawned on me: what am I missing at SPG lounges?  Can anybody chime in to compare the Marriott and SPG lounges? I've got some of US, Asia and Europe trips coming up and I'm feeling SPG curious.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: differences between Marriott lounges and SPG's?
    erc Platinum

I'm with you, looking forward to hearing about the SPG lounge program.  In the interim, while we wait for first hand reports, here's a list of lounges with some descriptions (it appears only Sheratons are a sure bet for having a lounge, other brands seem to be case by case). I'm also interested in the breakfast 'benefit' - it states continental, is it exclusively continental or like Marriott, case by case where many offer restaurant breakfast.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/321600-list-club-lounges.html

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

curiousone Platinum

My wife and I spent a night at the Royal Hawaiian (SPG Luxury Collection), on points, on our way back from Kauai earlier this month. I was very impressed with their lounge. In the afternoon they had hot and cold food (Really tasty short ribs) along with free beer, wine and sparkling wine. (The hot foods did run out before the end of happy hour, but they kept the beer and wine going.) In the morning they had scrambled eggs/potatoes/pastries/juices and coffee. The breakfast was better than a RI breakfast. Overall, pretty nice. I am not much of an old hotel fan so if I go back to Waikiki I will probably stay at the Sheraton Waikiki, which is right next to the Royal Hawaiian. Waikiki was quite an experience after 7 days on Kauai.

Jsucool76 Gold

One difference could be I'm not allowed in SPG lounges. Lol.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...