22 Replies Latest reply: Jan 3, 2017 10:53 AM by droma RSS

New Downtown Houston Marriott Marquis

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Looks like H-Town is gearing up big time for the Super Bowl February 5, 2017, with a brand spanking new Hotels in Houston, Texas | Marriott Marquis Houston DowntownThis joint looks pretty sporty alright with a lazy river on the roof, 960 rooms, connected to the George R. Brown Convention Center, near Toyota Center and Minute Maid Park...pretty impressive Marriott.

The hotel website indicates it will open next month so Houston will have a Marquis and two JW Marriott's, pretty cool for the little town in southeast Texas!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Downtown Houston, Texas, USA
  • Re: New Downtown Houston Marriott Marquis
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Is that the hotel with a lazy River on the roof shaped like Texas. We need to have a TIPPLE there...

IMG_1484.JPG

JUst done a search... it sure is!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

seatexan Platinum

This is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen!!!

I Don't know about beautiful, but it's certainly bonkers!

mustanggt Platinum

What, no wave machine?!?

A wave machine that splashes water some 29 floors to the sidewalk, that would sure get someones attention!

Did I hear TIPPLE, I'll vote for that.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Not to rain on your Texas-loving parade, but perhaps a bit of geographical variety might be a good idea when planning any future events of this type. I suspect you'd vote for anything TIPPLE related, IAHFLYR.

Admittedly, that's quite a sight.

Hey, don't go pointing your finger in my direction, our friend from across the pond mentioned the TIPPLE for this joint I just supported the concept.

TIPPLE, did I read that correct?

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I saw you at the bar IAHFLYR. Perhaps brightlybob was wiser than we knew in calling this thing TIPPLE. A few of the attendees spent more on "medicine" than they did on the room. Afterall, our friend from across the pond is my elder (by about 6 weeks) so I must defer to him. Wotcher Bob!

At least I had two nights to drink for so I had to get close to the cost of the room!

Haha, great idea mustanggt, a whopping wave machine on a rooftop pool. That should send the health and safety team into the seven circles of hell

seatexan Platinum

what!? anything in the shape of TEXAS is the most beautiful thing! ;D

nationwide Platinum

I have a 4 night stay planned at the new Marquis in mid January.  Can't wait to check it out!

Jsucool76 Gold

Be sure to report back.

Marriott should sponsor Insider's trips to new hotels to review them....

When this happens..(cause it totally will?) I call reviewing the bar!

Well I reckon I've found the Thread of the Year... the ideas here are great - TIPPLE at Marquis Houston, Wave Machine on 28th floor, Texas shaped lazy river AND Insiders getting free stays to review the bar. And my personal favourite... deferring to ME (best idea of the year bejacob)

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

This new Houston Marriott looks fantastic, but I have to put in a plug for my favorite Marriott property for the next TIPPLE:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/mrkfl-jw-marriott-marco-island-beach-resort/

If, and only if, they'd give us a decent rate.  This place is not known for being inexpensive

And there's a tiki bar for bejacob.

Jsucool76 Gold

Pricey Pricey...Also a resort =/

Travel22 Member

Thank you for letting the MRI community know about this great find living in Woodlands leaves me no option but to book a stay ASAP. I can't wait, I'll be sure to let community know my experience with photos.

Travel22,

Howdy neighbor (I do mean neighbor) and welcome to Insiders.  Yes please do share your experiences of your travels as well as when you visit the new downtown Marquis!

lonetraveller Platinum

Staying for my birthday in May on points!

seatexan Platinum

This keeps popping up all over Facebook and Twitter... I MUST stay here!!! I am excited about this hotel!

droma Platinum

I think there are only 6 total Marriott Marquis, would be cool if they made the state shaped lazy river a standard at each property.  Would make for some great floating!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...