53 Replies Latest reply: Jan 20, 2017 11:19 AM by carat RSS

Monthly Points Not Showing?

nationwide Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Is it just me, or is the monthly scoreboard no longer showing?

• Re: Monthly Points Not Showing?
    Jsucool76 Gold

I've got this message on the side...

"The credits leaders are currently being calculated or no one has contributed yet."

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nationwide Platinum

Jsucool76, I am seeing the same message.  Making sure it wasn't just me... although, disappointing nonetheless.  I'll send it to the help desk - issue 143 in the queue

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

It must be you. Looks normal to me.

monthly.png

nationwide Platinum

Now that's funny bejacob !  I gotta think the millennial would have the most points though!  Aren't they what this is all about now?  Gamification is supposed to be their thing...   I love your list! 

Just having a little fun with it.

Hopefully the issue will be resolved soon. The counter is due to reset in a couple days anyway.

p.s. The above referenced list is work of parody. Any resemblance to real individuals who may or may not be members of this site is purely coincidental

seatexan Platinum

Hahahahaha! Nice ;D

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

How very strange, it isn't populating for me either.  Taking a look into this and I'll be sure to let you know what I'm able to find out.  

nationwide Platinum

carat - thanks as always for being so helpful!  I know you don't need, want, use the points from your reply, so I shared them with the gang.  I do, however, appreciate your helpfulness!  You are always first to the rescue, and with a friendly (service-oriented) tone too!  You rock Cara!

insertcoffee Platinum

I'm showing my total at the top right, but not the multi-person listing.

OT: I wouldn't mind whatsoever if that disappeared permanently.

mustanggt Platinum

Excuse me for the stupid question, but what is the monthly scoreboard?  All my MR points are properly showing up in my account for the current month.

nationwide Platinum

mustanggt, no such thing as a silly question around here.  The scoreboard I was referring to is the Insiders scoreboard that shows up on the bottom right of the Insiders home page after you sign in.  It appears (usually) beneath the latest Featured Insider.  The board tells you how many points you have and how many those closest to you in points have.  It's a somewhat silly, gamified counter that essentially shows who has been most active for the current month on Insiders.  Many of us would argue the merits of such a counter, as it doesn't account for anything on a qualitative front, and it can be tricked into giving you points each day for next to no effort.  At any rate, it disappeared some time yesterday, and I was curious as to its whereabouts. 

mustanggt Platinum

Thanks nationwide for the explanation.  I never knew that something like this even existed, so I guess I don't really miss it!

insertcoffee Platinum

Looks like it is back up today, although I did not look until after midnight ET (and thus into the new month), so I'm not sure when this was 'fixed'.

Perhaps it was an EOM early housekeeping?

nationwide Platinum

It does seem to be back up, but working improperly.  It doesn't have correct scores....  good grief.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Good morning, nationwide! I also see the monthly activity tracker back up and working (woohoo!), and because it's the beginning of the month, the credits reset to 0. Are you seeing something different? Let me know if something is not working as it should be. Thank you!

nationwide Platinum

NathalieF, I see that it is back, however, it is not functioning properly.  None of my current "credits" have been counted, and I am showing a zero balance despite having 6 points of activity this morning.  Note, I can see those in my personal credit counter, but not on the monthly board (which still shows zero). 

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification! We are looking into this.

nationwide Platinum

HI NathalieF!  i am showing 14 credits in my account as of now, and zero on the board...  is this just a me thing?  It's very odd.  I am including a couple of pictures.  IMG_9428.PNG

nationwide Platinum

NathalieF, I appreciate you taking a look into this.  Do we have an explanation for what's going on?  As always, we appreciate any insights you can share.

Hi nationwide, we have been working behind the scenes to fix this.  However, our original diagnosis of the issue was not correct and we are looking into it a bit further.  We’ll continue to keep you posted.

nationwide Platinum

Thanks carat!  I appreciate the update

nationwide Platinum

Good Morning carat!  Hope you are having a great week!  Any updates you can offer us on the monthly scoreboard repair? 

Hi nationwide!  Just checked in on this and our teams are still working on it but should have it up and running properly in a week or so. 

nationwide Platinum

IMG_9429.PNG

peymanagement Platinum

nationwide I think that guy just above looking down at the listing over his beer rigged the election so he could be in first place.

nationwide Platinum

I knew this election was rigged!!!  I've been saying that all over the country!  Oh wait, that's somebody else! 

Only those who pay attention to monthly points are still at zero. I knew I shouldn't have looked.

nationwide Platinum

I can't figure out how to get to a 1!    None of the old methods work anymore.... Like something?  Doesn't work, Follow someone?  Doesn't work.  Answer a question?  Doesn't work. Provide a helpful answer?  Doesn't work....

I get that it's broken, and I know it will get fixed eventually, but I can't even figure out how to make the broken part work.... How do you get on the board?  Anyone figure that out? 

peymanagement Platinum

nationwide, I set my alarm for 12:01 of the first of the month so i could get in before it broke. Just kidding. I am not sure i know how to score credits, but coincidentally on the first i went in and cleaned up my following/followers and the next time i looked i had 6 credits.

etwhite Platinum

I'm sure it's just me, so I apologize up front.  When I come to the "Insiders Page", I'm looking for tips on staying at a particular hotel in a city. I also enjoy reading about someone's experience they had at a particular brand of Marriott. I enjoy reading about someone reaching a milestone with Marriott.  Not trying to sound negative by any means, but I can't for the life of me figure out what all this talk about "Marriott Points Not Showing" is about........   DOES IT REALLY MATTER IF YOU HAVE ONE CREDIT OR A 100,000???  

Petty.JPG

nationwide Platinum

etwhite, of course those are all the reasons we come to Insiders!    And, of course, my lament is petty!  Yes, yes, yes, I completely agree with you!  That said, there are a few things that we talk about in the lull in between the good stuff.... points, birthday credits for LTP members, TIPPLE events, baseball, etc.... There is a great deal of functional benefit to Insiders, and some social fun too.  The latter, of course, is where the points question comes from.  Welcome to Insiders!  Stick around awhile, you'll come to enjoy it too.  If not, then please feel free to skip right past the nonsense

P.S. - I "liked" your post!  It gave you a point!  You should be up to 37 now! 

insertcoffee Platinum

In the larger scheme of things, it counts very little.

I think that some folks, myself included, who have been burned by Marriott IT, have a heightened interest in things which appear to be broken, not least because this might be construed as part of an overarching IT issue.

nationwide Platinum

A veritable canary in the IT coal mine if you will....  exactly insertcoffee, exactly!    Sometimes things do serve multiple purposes.

insertcoffee Platinum

BTW, my points are not registering. My name shows in the list, but show exactly 0 points, which I know is not accurate.

But records show that when the points are not accurate, and there is an outgoing POTUS, that the votes in the swing states trend toward......

Just kidding.

seatexan Platinum

Well I have come to enjoy my 45th place with 0 points... the ones above me right now all have 1 pt and all are in 11th.  Yesterday I was in 30 something place.  This is telling me I am not active enough. ;D

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

SeaTexan, wait a minute here.......you're in 45th and I'm in 46th, they should be placing Insiders by age not by looks!!

Now I see what's happening, peymanagement shows up as the "Featured Insider" and all heck breaks loose all over the Marriott world.  Markets are shutting down, trains and train stations are going into hibernation, airports across North America have started allowing anyone holding a beer mug in front of their face past security without even a boarding pass.....what's next?

peymanagement Platinum

This seems to be working now. One thing I noticed is the work around that let caymangal achieve 8000 credits in a few days seems to be fixed. there appears to be a cap of 5 in following.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

yes I wondered how caymangal when to like top ten all time poster

nationwide Platinum

For the record, it's frozen again....I know they are working on it.

It would appear Monthly Points are showing correctly again, at least these first couple days of 2017. I hope that's a sign of good things to come.

nationwide Platinum

Yes Sir, glad to see things working normally again!  Happy travels!

nationwide Platinum

Bumping this question back up as it appears our little monthly counter has again gone wonky  

It froze last weekend and has yet to thaw!!

... , Textures, Abstract / Icicles, download royalty-free vector clipart

Good eye, nationwide.

Funny thing is that the monthly points look to be correct as do the relative rankings (you, painedplatinum, and so on). What is clearly messed up are the ranking numbers (you two should be 1 and 2, not 17 and 18). Makes me wonder what kind of tweaks the programmers are making and why. We made it almost halfway through the month with things working properly before this latest glitch.

activity.PNG

I blame Jsucool76. No real reason, I just do.

mustanggt Platinum

I'm taking a minority point of view here, but I'd rather see the IT Dept spend their time preparing for the integration of the Marriott and SPG rewards programs and streamlining the interface between the various systems in use at the individual properties and the rewards system so when we earn points they get posted timely and accurately. Since the "monthly activity" listing has no financial consequences to any of us and doesn't seem to be reliable, let's just bury it and be done with it.

peymanagement Platinum

hear hear my friend. While I usually see myself on this leaderboard I have no idea what drives it. I take it I get there by checking in daily and commenting and noting likes but beyond that it is an entire mystery.

nationwide Platinum

mustanggt, I don't think your opinion is in the minority at all.    If we are going to have a counter, it should work.  If it can't be made to work, then by all means they ought to kill it.  That said, the folks at Jive (who do the work on this little portal of ours) are not the Marriott IT team.  I completely agree that the Marriott and SPG IT teams have their hands full integrating the platforms, rewards programs etc.  This little site operates on a shoestring budget, despite how much we all love it.  I think we should put the counter out to pasture.  It isn't gamification if the game doesn't work.

mustanggt, nationwide has it right. This issue is outside of Marriott IT. It's likely those people at Jive are doing something to try to fix the recurring problems and have broken it again. Too bad since it seemed to be working okay so far this month until this weekend.

As long as we can continue to post questions, discussions, blogs, etc., I can learn to ignore the monthly counter.

Besides, the new MegaBonus is about to start. I'm ready to double up some points. Well, not really, but I do have two 2-night stays in the coming month. Considering that most of my stays are for single nights, this particular promotion came along at the right time.

For one of our MegaBonus gurus, bejacob the new MegaBonus T/C states the bonus applies from Jan 15 till April 15.  Hypothetically if you were to check-in on April 14th and check-out on April 16th ya think that would the night of the 14th and 15th would count toward the bonus?

I actually like the counter.....kidding!! 

It appears the Jive crew enjoys messing around with Insiders from time to time just to see who is paying attention. While I love the Insider interaction and sharing of travel experiences, stories and creating adventures like the TIPPLE it would be sad if they shut it down so play on Jive kids while Marriott IT gets the integration with Starwood correct

Things that matter like the correct and timely posting of nights/points as well as a fresh simple reservation site need to be the focus in my humble opinion.  "GO MAN GO"!!

Jive must be adding a little spice to the forum!  Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we're looking into it.   

Hi all!  We’ve been working on the leader board issues behind the scenes and have found out the problem is bigger than initially expected.  The leader board functionality will need to be rebuilt and unfortunately, this may take some time.  We’ll be sure to pass along updates as they are received.  Apologies for the inconvenience!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...