10 Replies Latest reply: Dec 31, 2016 1:33 PM by shaunfromcolumbus,ohio RSS

National Park Lifetime Pass

curiousone Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am always amazed at the number of people, over 62, that are not aware of the National Park Life Time Pass or Senior Pass. For a one time $10 fee any person over 62 can get a Senior Pass that allows free access to all US National Parks, Monuments, Refuge, or forest that has an access fee. You have to purchase on site at a National Park, Monuments, Refuge, or forest entrance. For walk in sites it allows 3 other people (no age limit) to enter with you. For drive in it allows your vehicle to enter. If you are over 62, and like to travel, it is the best $10 you can spend.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: National Park Lifetime Pass
    aqua Platinum

This is great news ! Thank you !

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

AZDesertRat Platinum

curiousone  Great post.  This is a terrific money saver, which I have had for years and used a lot.  Some of the park entry fees are $25 and up, so this pays for itself many times over.   This year I used it at Rocky Mountain National Park (several entries), the Grand Canyon, and the drive up Mr. Evans in Colorado - about $150.00 of money saved.

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

I wish I had kept up with how much I have saved in the last 4 years with the Senior Pass.  I imagine it would be $300 or more.

aberwarn Silver

To add to this reminder - the America the Beautiful pass (this is the actual name) is not limited to National Parks - it  offers access to all Federal Recreation Lands, including Forest Service, US Fish and Wildlife Service, Bureau of Land Management, and Bureau of Reclamation recreation sites charging day-use or entrance fees.

If you're not 62 yet, it's $80/year. Oh.....current military personnel and dependents can get one for FREE as well as US residents with a permanent disability. Here's the link for anyone interested in finding out more. Even makes a great holiday gift!!

shaunfromcolumbus,ohio Gold

I have been to most of the national parks. I think that $80 for a year is one of the best deals out there because of the beauty of the parks. Thanks for the idea about using it as a gift. I never thought of doing that, but it is a great idea for the right person.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

IT is a nice benefit and I carry the card with me in my wallet

mavster Silver

This is an excellent deal.  I learned about it when we took my mom to Ft. McHenry earlier this year and the cashier asked if she had one, which she didn't.  We bought it for her and it got our whole family in. 

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

We used ours on Friday at Shenandoah National Park!

IMG_2485.JPG

IMG_2486.JPG

IMG_2530.JPG

IMG_2540.JPG

Wow. Great photos. The bear is pretty close to you....too close for comfort. Great photo of the sunset too.

Wow, $10! That is a great deal. Actually, the full amount is not a bad price either if you plan on visiting the National parks in a year. The full amount is less than most amusement parks. Thanks for the info on the price as there are several people I will share this with.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...