20 Replies Latest reply: Nov 3, 2016 5:55 PM by monisame RSS

New Gold Elite ...  Lounge question

gymdawgfan Gold
Currently Being Moderated

HI all...We hope to enjoy our new Gold Status in the coming year but wonder how we can access with longes with the 4 in our family.  Any suggestions?  Also, any other thoughts on how best to use our Gold status from your experience is welcome.  Thanks in advance. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Marriott Waikiki Resort and Spa, USA and Baltimore Inner Harbor Marriott
  • Re: New Gold Elite ...  Lounge question
    stelzer001 Platinum 2 Reviews

First off, congrats on the achievement.

Golds (and Plats) get breakfast for 2 (during the week) in all Full Service (FS) Marriott's in a lounge or a coupon if the lounge isn't open or there isnt one

Some of the FS Marriotts have more liberal allowances so check with the hotel, as they may permit 4 people or have a copay for any number over 2.

Lounges tend to be closed )(in the USA) on Saturday and Sunday, and some hotel offer a food credit, some offer coupons, and some just give points for this. Again, very property specific

If you are at any Marriott with "Resort" in the name, no free breakfast, not for you or anyone.

If you stay at Residence Inn, Townplace, springhill or Fairfield Inns, they usually have a free breakfast for any guest at the hotel, but again, check with the actual hotel property.

Courtyard by Marriott is never a free breakfast, again with some very narrow exceptions, and often not even complimentary coffee or tea.

You may want to check out flyertalk, it has a hotel page for Marriott that has a "stickie" that has every Marriott and what amenities they provide for Gold & Plats.

Best of luck with your new status and using your benefits

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

monisame Platinum

Congrats on getting gold. Enjoy the perks!!!! as much as you can.

australis Platinum

Yes, congrats on getting Gold!

I agree with everything that Steltzer001 has already said, but one point to really take note of is that the normal rules don't apply to resorts!

It is a great feeling being able to pamper your family with lounge access, so enjoy!

australis Platinum

Yes, congrats on getting Gold!

I agree with everything that Steltzer001 has already said, but one point to really take note of is that the normal rules don't apply to resorts!

It is a great feeling being able to pamper your family with lounge access, so enjoy!

australis Platinum

Yes congrats on getting Gold!

Steltzer001 has pretty much summed it up already, but take note of his comment regarding resorts. Nothing worse than taking your family to a resort and not being able to share the lounge and breakfast etc.

I took my family to the Singapore Marriott - still one of the best breakfasts in any hotel I have ever stayed at!

Enjoy your gold status, but do your research!

Cheers

australis Platinum

Steltzer has pretty much summed it up already, but take note of his comment regarding resorts. Nothing worse than taking your family to a resort and not being able to share the lounge and breakfast etc.

I took my family to the Singapore Marriott - still one of the best breakfasts in any hotel I have ever stayed at!

Cheers

australis Platinum

Steltzer has pretty much summed it up already, but take note of his comment regarding resorts. Nothing worse than taking your family to a resort and not being able to share the lounge and breakfast etc.

Cheers

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

Congrats on Gold Elite Status.  We quite often take 1-3 Grandchildren with us on our travels and they have never been refused admission to the Lounge.  I don't think you'll have any problems.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

Most times if your key works to get in there is no further questioning so I agree unless you try to bring in the football team should be no issue

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

Funny you should mention that, jerryl, never seen a football team in the CL, but I have seen a baseball team in the lounge after a tournament.

peymanagement Platinum

Also congrats on being gold. I too take grandchildren with me and have generally had no problem taking them into the CL and at several places they have also been granted free breakfast in the dining room for them. Some hotels have a door person at peak times, but again we have not had a problem with the kids. The exception is some M lounges at peak times, which are strict about two limit and that the elite member be there. Even at that it is hit and miss. With my kids i impose the "eat and git" principle, and try to avoid peak times. Good luck.

You can search on here, there is quite a few posts about crowded lounges, etc.I have seldom encountered one.

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

I've taken my husband and son with me to the lounge and have always been welcomed.  On weekends, they've thrown in a third voucher for free breakfast. 

gymdawgfan Gold

Thanks all for the great responses!  They are exactly what I needed.

Happy travels!

motel66 Gold 1 Reviews

Just please don't bring them straight out of bed. I mean literally, in their pajamas, hair sticking straight up, barefoot. This I saw at the Baltimore Renaissance Inner Harbor. At least they were quiet, not quite awake yet.

peymanagement Platinum

Motel 6 if the kids were quiet and did not bother you...... they are kids,.....jeesh why did that bother you? They were not running around, why would you care? For the kids, this is the highlight of their life, they have there hair sticking up, they should have shoes on but they are  being good and with their dad, mom or granddad who have spent a lot of money for them to be there. please give me a break.

the worst in my opinion are the arrogant "suits" who taxi there buddies in and put their cases on empty chairs and hold loud meetings... uggh I will take well behaved kids anytime.

motel66 Gold 1 Reviews

peymanagement - So next time I go to this upscale downtown hotel I'll do the same. I guarantee you if I walk into the lounge in my nightgown and robe and barefoot I'll be told by the attendant that proper attire is required and I'll have to leave and go get dressed. I don't think there should be a double standard for children. The children you speak of (maybe 4,5,and 6 years old) could still have the time of their lives wearing their day clothes, and learn that being properly, normally dressed and groomed goes hand in hand with being considerate towards others which is what manners are all about. (Loud people are always bothersome to others, and in most circumstances is considered ill mannered behavior.) Those sweet children were being sort of stared at, they really looked funny, and that's not good for them either. Learning to be part of civil society is important, and would serve them in the future, and what better place then in a fine hotel. I know I must sound like a fuddy-duddy to you, but I was raised wrong I guess.

peymanagement Platinum

Lol I am sorry if I hit your button, but I have also seen what you describe adults in in nightgowns or jammies or worse sweaty people just out of the gym. I agree with you on CL manners but it is not just the kids. I respect your post. Truce please.....and pleas keep posting.

motel66 Gold 1 Reviews

Well, sweaty people just out of the gym, um, yuck. Happy traveling to you - see you in the lounge (let's both wear our Marriott bathrobes.)

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

There are only a few lounges that enforce a strict member plus one guest restriction, Niagara Falls and New York Marquis come to mind. I'm sure there are a few others, but not that many. Save at the 2 ive mentioned I've never had any trouble getting into a lounge with my wife and 4 teenagers. As others have commented, most US lounges are closed at weekends but with a few notable exceptions only, most hotels provide breakfast. And of course they are open weekdays when on vacation. Our teens have really enjoyed lounge access during summer road-trips.

Escape the confines of North America and you'll find lounges that welcome you, wife and kids without question, are open 7 days a week with wide and changing hot and cold food and provide free help yourself beer/wine a few hours each night.

Lounge access is in my view the best perk of Gold/Plat membership.

monisame Platinum

Is there a link, web page where one can find which hotels offers CL . Thanks in advance  for any answer

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...