6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 26, 2016 12:45 PM by seatexan RSS

Non-stop flight from New Orleans to London announced

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

British Airways has announced that they will begin non-stop service from New Orleans to London starting March 27, 2017. Maybe that will encourage other airlines to consider non-stop service _to other destinations abroad.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New Orleans
  • Re: Non-stop flight from New Orleans to London announced
    seatexan Platinum

It would be really nice if LFT did non stop to other places. I think our airport runway might be too small for larger aircraft...IAHFLYR  -anyway to look up what Laffy's runway can handle?

It's great British Airways is doing this out of Nola.

I am a huge fan of our little Lafayette airport though.  30-45 min flight to Houston is better than driving all the way to New Orleans for 2 hours and dealing w that airport

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

seatexan Platinum

Oh and....

Passengers will travel on a Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner, which holds 214 passengers: 154 in economy class, 25 in premium economy and 35 in business.

Mmmm maybe I should drive 2 hours... ;D

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Good news for you guys. I recall about a year ago, BA was looking at several airports to consider nonstop service to London using the Dreamliner. CMH was one airport under consideration. Looks like we lost out to MSY. Hope you'll be able to take advantage of this flight at some point.

seatexan Platinum

I went to check prices and they are crazy! or at least they are higher than United First.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Great news for Louisiana folks who are tired of connecting in ATL, DFW or IAH and particularly on a Dreamliner!!! 

Following orders from SeaTexan (following orders never was something I did often) LFT Runway 4R/22L is 8,001' in length which may be cutting it pretty close on a long haul flight.  However; Continental used to fly DC9's and B727's there back around the time you were showing up at St. Elizabeth Hospital!  

http://aeronav.faa.gov/d-tpp/1611/00865ad.pdf#search=KLFT

seatexan Platinum

ah St. E's!

If it's cutting it close, they better extend the runway before letting long hauls land for me to be comfortable!  thanks for the info!

I checked out flights and it is still more cost effective to fly out of little ol LFT.  It cost less just for the tickets. Then there is no gas money, possible hotel stay, parking fees... BUT it is great for Nola! Happy about that for sure.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...