1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 8, 2016 9:03 AM by flagirl01 RSS

Fresh Bites

100nightsplus Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I already have 120 business travel nights this year and have never run into my room service being delivered in a bag. I am at the brand new Marriott Hotel in downtown Syracuse NY. They are doing a "pilot" program of their room service being Fresh Bites. Basically, you get your dinner in a bowl or box, with plastic utensils and delivered in a bag. Unbelievable!! I always take my meals in my room and I expect a tray, real silverware with a salt and pepper shaker. Same experience in my room as if I went down to the restaurant. It would appear that Marriott is looking to cut costs and make the room service, experience so bad, you will simply go to the restaurant. I may have to start looking into going to other hotels. As it is, I am checking out of this one early!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Fresh Bites
    flagirl01 Silver
    Currently Being Moderated

Totally agree.  We always like to order a pot of coffee in the morning when we travel (along with cups, saucers, real spoons, etc.)  We recently stayed at the Marriott Waterside in Tampa and ordered the coffee.  Coffee arrived in a CARDBOARD BOX and it was handed to me at the door in a "go bag"!!  When I tried to dispense it into the paper cups, it went everywhere.  And there were no napkins in the go bag.  I will never stay in another Marriott using the Fresh Bites model.  I may have to cancel my Marriott credit card and sign up and start getting points with some other hotel chain.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...