3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 23, 2016 2:51 AM by californian RSS

New Waikiki Hotel - 'Okina, Autograph Collection

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Looks like Marriott is adding another property in Waikiki in early 2017.

The ‘Okina, Autograph Collection: Honolulu Unique Hotels

Hey kharada46. As our man on the streets of Honolulu, what can you tell us?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
Waikiki - Oahu, Hawaii, USA
Waikiki, Hawaii, USA
  • Re: New Waikiki Hotel - 'Okina, Autograph Collection
    kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

Thanks for the heads up bejacob!  I wrote up a post for my blog http://www.jeffsetter.com that'll be posting tomorrow (10/21).  I'm intrigued, but concerned as well.  The property is right next-door to the International Market Place on Kuhio Ave.  It's other neighbor?  The brand new Hyatt Centric Waikiki Beach, a fantastic looking property in my opinion.  Pricing can be somewhat similar, so we'll see how that plays out.  Especially since the Hyatt Centric is like an "Andaz Lite," featuring amenities such as complimentary mini-bar items.  The 'Okina will supposedly have a Concierge Lounge, though... Will likely become very popular with MR elites for that reason alone!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

By the way, it is a conversion project.  They simply gutted the former Aqua Waikiki Wave Hotel... So we'll see how that goes.  The previous property had some significant deficiencies, including awful noise issues throughout according to oyster.com.

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

This is all good to know.  The Hyatt sounds like it would be the better choice but no Marriott points.  Marriott seems to be getting older hotels and doing the conversions.  However, for some, they start renting rooms before the renovations and sometimes get bad reviews.  One rents based on the Marriott name and are disappointed.  I plan to visit Calgary next year and in checking on the Delta hotels and the airport one has not been renovated for a really long time.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...