4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 27, 2016 9:25 PM by Jsucool76 RSS

New Marriott Rewards Visa Card Offer

rle Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Just thought I would share this new offer I saw for the Marriott Rewards Visa Card.  If you do not already have it, they are currently offering two free nights as a sign-up bonus after a $3K spend: Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card from Chase

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: New Marriott Rewards Visa Card Offer
    danacs Gold

I saw that too and have a question. 

Which is better- this offer or the other one that is currently available-- 80,000 bonus points after $3k and $85 annual fee? (The free nights above only apply to Category 1-5 hotels which in my experience gives a fairly limited choice)

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Jsucool76 Gold

I'd go for the 80k points any day. 2 cat5 certs is 50k points max value, with no flexibility to use for a higher cat hotel.

So if we value the 30k point difference, at 1 cent per point (which is a fairly low valuation) you're looking at $300 extra, for $85

So you're still netting $215 in extra rewards potential.

Obviously this is all based on how you use points/certs. If you use them for a redemption that only gets you 0.4 cents per point, then that is all your points are worth. If you use them for a redemption that gets you 2.5 cents per point, you've just gained a ton of value.

danacs Gold

Actually, the 2 night offer also includes a $200 statement credit after the 3K.  So, the way you are describing point evaluation, it is probably a wash.  Which is probably by design, eh Marriott?

Jsucool76 Gold

Did not see that, my bad.

All of the offers (other than the 50k offer) tend to be a wash. It'll be 70k with no AF, 80k with AF, or now this.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...