6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 7, 2016 2:29 PM by jerryl RSS

London Park Lane

nipper Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Spent that last 8 days with the family in London at the Park Lane.

I was quite impressed.

If you have read some of the comments on tripadvisor, (and here) it sounds like it could be hit or miss.  However we had a great experience.

Location wise, it is near great shopping and next to the Tube, which is a great way to get around London.

I requested two adjoining rooms and that happened, making the trip much easier.

While the executive lounge is not giant, it was never too crowded for us.  The hotel employees were always ready to help with any requests we had.

The only thing we dislike, and I think is common to the UK, is that there is not power in the bathroom for a hair dryer.  Likely an electrical code issue (have seen that at other London properties). The only plug/mirror combination that would work for my wife was to plug in by the nightstand and stretch the cord under the opened closet which had a mirror. They could easily put a mirror by the desk and problem solved.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, England, United Kingdom Marriott Hotels & Resorts London Marriott Hotel Park Lane
  • Re: London Park Lane
    monisame Platinum

I agree with you. I loved my stayed there. It was some years ago but I am so glad to read from you that it still one of the better choices if you travel plans includes London.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

nipper.  Thanks for the report, nipper.  Is the exec lounge still right inside the front entrance?

nipper Platinum

Not inside the front entrance,  still on the 1st floor, but back past the elevators and the concierge desk.  So I assume they moved it to a larger room.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Yes, it has been moved since I was there a couple of years ago. It was directly next to the front entrance near the bell stand. It was a tiny space. Glad to hear it's been relocated. I really enjoyed the hotel and the staff in spite of the tiny lounge.

remeam Platinum

We stayed at the Park Lane for five days in late September of this year, and we too thought it was amazing.  Top notch service in a beautiful, boutique property.  Five Stars for sure.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

I also loved the stay

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...