8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 22, 2016 3:41 PM by arnie123 RSS

New Platinum member here!

arnie123 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hi everyone! Just made Platinum a couple of stays ago and felt it's time to join the community!

So far, I haven't gotten any upgrades yet, neither on my 1y of Gold or the recent Platinum stay – any advice from the heavy hitters? Taking the woman out on a vacation to Palm Springs and figured I might try my luck there to show her a good time.

Anyways - glad to join and connect!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: New Platinum member here!
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Congrats arnie!  

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

arnie123 Platinum

Thx!

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

Advice on how to get an upgrade? Ask when you check in. Marriott has way too many elite customers. Requirements are too easy. And the deal with United adds to it. So a property might have 50 elite customers with reservations for cheap rooms and only 20 upgrades available. So they typically don't give anyone an upgrade automatically unless it's a regular guest at that property. (The property I stay at most I have close to 2,000 nights over the years; they know me ) So most properties give upgrades to the first 20 elites that ask in that situation.

arnie123 Platinum

Thanks! I usually travel on business and check in late after the workday. That might explain it. Since it's a special occasion, I'll hussle a but and call in ahead of time.

Any speculation if chrcking in via app changes the chances? I saw an older thread here, but maybe some members have more experiences now.

curiousone Platinum

The Renaissance in Palm Springs is very nice, right downtown and my wife and I got free breakfast when we were there as a Platinum. If you are into golf you might want to try the JW Marriott, down the road in Palm Desert. I do not recall any upgrades the 1 time we stayed there.

arnie123 Platinum

We are at the JW. I could probably switch the booking - any preference? I don't play golf but I do enjoy nice facilities and modern rooms.

davidax Platinum

Congrats! And welcome!

arnie123 Platinum

Thanks for the warm welcome!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...