3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 19, 2016 9:16 AM by carat RSS

No points/nights for LNF rates?

drummerguy Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I recently completed a stay on a look no further rate. I booked a rate of breakfast plus room. I found a cheaper rate online and filed a successful look no further claim.   I ended up paying 87€ a night. At checkin, I was told my rate didn't include breakfast. After some discussion and showing my email, the hotel relented. Nothing like having to fuss to get what you paid for.  Now, two weeks later, I don't have point or nights for the stay. Customer service says a rate booked on Marriott and adjusted for look no further is a package rate ineligible for rewards. Has anyone been told this mularky before?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: No points/nights for LNF rates?
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

I had an LNF at the Houston Autograph Icon based on a B&B rate. When I checked in I was told the rate didn't include breakfast but as I was Platinum they gave me a voucher anyway. I made a mental note to ensure I kept my original confirmation email handy if LNF via a B&B rate arose at CY or AC. To summarise, LNF does not cancel out any elements of the package originally purchased, it just reduces the cost.

If the original rate as booked qualified for points then so does the LNF. In fact since LNF is only available on publicly quoted rates and all publicly quoted rates qualify for points LNF is effectively a corporate guarantee that it qualifies. Let me call out carat who is one of the site moderators and should be able to intervene and resolve this for you...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bubbie Platinum 2 Reviews

Total malarkey.

I have always gotten my points and night credit. That being said, on my last stay I had to call in as my points hadn't posted and the CSR said it looked like I made a reservation on a site other than Marriott.com.which of course was incorrect. Obviously LNF rates can only be done from Marriott.

AS as far as breakfast, I had noticed on my revised LNF that it did not show breakfast included. I called and they said it was definitely included. I asked them to please note that on my reservation. I didn't have any problem. But, from what I've read LNR reservations don't list breakfast so I always keep a hard copy of my original reservation to avoid any confusion at checkin.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi drummerguy, so sorry to hear of these frustrations!  I'd like to help and have reached out via direct message for additional details.  Thanks for tagging me in brightlybob.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...