1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 17, 2016 6:45 PM by monisame RSS

from Times Square to Mid Town Renaissance in New York

homoviator Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Just got back from a 4 day trip in NY. I had originally planed to stay at the Renaissance in Times Square but under the advice of a NY regular, I was told to try Mid Town Renaissance.  I have to say, I don't think I could have been happier with my decision to change. 

Lovely front desk (Sean, especially) and we had a nice room on the 24th floor, which for my level and cost of the room (mix of points and cash), I felt was a great value. We were a family of 4 in two rooms ranging from 8 to 69

It was dead quiet in the hotel if you weren't in the lobby or bar/restaurant, which I thought was great.

The bar was lit. I'm not usually a big bar person, but we went down every night for at least one drink because it was a fun place to hang out.

Perhaps it's biggest perk was that it was on a fairly quiet side street and much easier for cabs and Ubers to get in and out of.  At Times Square that has to be very, very complicated. at MTRen we could wait in the lobby and see when the car pulled up.

When we walked by TSRen and also the Marriott Marquis, I knew that those were not for me. The amount of people was simply too much.

Next time, I'll return to MTRen or try something in Brooklyn, possibly Chelsea if anyone has any suggestions. I had originally started with a stay at the Essex House, but I read several reviews saying they don't provide very nice rooms with points, which is understandable.  However, a view of central park wasn't worth to me what they were asking. In hindsight, though, the location for me would have been better at Essex House for some of the museums by Central Park.

Anybody else have NY comments? Maybe a hotel I didn't consider but should for the next visit?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New York-Manhattan, New York, USA
  • Re: from Times Square to Mid Town Renaissance in New York
    monisame Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

Agree with you Renaissance New York Midtown Hotel offers great accommodations in New York City.This is my favorite.

Located in one of the top-rated areas in New York City, this property has an excellent location. Madison Square Garden is pretty close from Renaissance New York Midtown Hotel, and Macy's too. Great area for shopping and going arround.

This Hotel offered me a a really great guest experience unlike any other in New York .

I loved the state-of-the art ambient intelligence  and  the technology  provided by the Property.The CL,  the irish pub  and its terrace are really gerogius.

My other vote goes to Algonquin, an Autograph collection property.

What about Edition ???

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...