2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2010 7:21 AM by iristina RSS

Marriott recommendation request

iristina Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Hello all ~

I have a certificate for 2 free nights and am trying to decide where to plan a weekend getaway from MI in April. We have been to FL many times, so I have been looking at destinations we have not been to in a while, or at all. We are considering San Antonio, Phoenix/Scottsdale, and Mrytle Beach to name a few.

I would appreciate any input or suggestions. Thank you!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott recommendation request
    diogenes72 Platinum 1 Reviews

Iristina:

Good for you to have a certificate for a getaway.  Maybe when you come back Spring will be here!  If you are considering Phoenix/Scottsdale, I'd highly recommend The Buttes.  I just got back from there and enjoyed my stay very much.  It is an older property that Marriott bought a few years ago and rehabed.  It is architectually stunning, even though the architecture isn't new, and the physical setting is equally stunning.  I found the property to be fun to expore, and their pool(s) are beautiful.  Finally, I found the staff, behind the desk, at the valet, and in the restaurants to be friendly and helpful.  If you know anything about this area, it is also a big plus that the property is located quite near the airport (even though it feels like it's isolated in its own, beautiful, natural setting).  It is one of the nicest Marriott resorts I've visited, and I am happy that I didn't keep putting off trying it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott recommendation request
    iristina Gold

Diogenes72 ~ Thank you for sharing your experience. That is one of the properties we have been looking at, and I appreciate hearing from someone who recently stayed there. We have been to the Camelback Inn north of the airport; however, that was several years ago. I hope it is spring soon too!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...