16 Replies Latest reply: Oct 22, 2016 8:37 AM by mustanggt RSS

Portland Oregon

greattraveltime Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Any insiders tips for Portland Oregon?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Portland, Oregon, USA
Portland, Oregon, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Portland Marriott City Center
  • Re: Portland Oregon
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Oh for sure.....what time of year are you going and what type of activities are you wanting to venture into?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bacon14 Platinum

greattraveltime please share your interests and that will help us give you more ideas than you'll need! 

aberwarn Silver

1. The Oregon coast is absolutely beautiful - be sure to take a day trip to Cannon Beach and head south 'til you decide to turn inland again.

2. Timberline Lodge has snow year-round and is a nice drive.

3. Multnomah falls is a beautiful drive down the gorge - you'll see lots of waterfalls.Nice hiking as well.

4. Springtime has lots of beautiful gardens in bloom - the Rhododendron garden, Japanese Garden, Chinese Garden, Rose Garden.....

Tons more as well, depending on your interests.......

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

Here are a few earlier posts of mine that might be helpful:

Portland, Oregon - City of Bridges

Sunrise View of Mt. Hood - "When Morning GiHere's a Suggestion for West Coast Travel

Hope this is helpful.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Here is some stuff from previous trips to Oregon Coast.

Oregon Coast

Oregon Coast December 2013

Back To The Oregon Coast

Timberline Lodge area on Mt. Hood a few Memorial Day's back, they got a foot of snow the night before.

S3600056.JPG

Mt. Hood

P1010875.JPG

We love staying at the Downtown Portland Boutique Hotels | Portland Marriott City Center as it is near almost everything in downtown plus easy access to the rail system as well as I-5 and HWY 84.  A corner room is the only way to go!!

P1010805.JPG

Location Brand Hotel
    Portland, Oregon, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Portland Marriott City Center
      kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

IAHFLYR you have great taste, my friend.  One of my favorite properties so far is the PDX City Center.  Not a stunner for sure, but comfortable, excellent staff, and great locations!

greattraveltime, I LOVE PDX! 

I was there a year ago and am dying to go back!  The Portland Marriott City Center was a nice hotel in a great location, though rooms are a little cramped.  But other than that, you'll likely want to check out:

• Multnomah Falls
    • Horsetail Falls
    • The Historic Columbia River Highway
    • Vista House at Crown Point
    • Draper Girls Country Farm (pick your own produce!)
    • Pix Patisserie (desserts, coffee, teas, and WINE!)
    • Olympia Provisions
    • Rogue Brewery
    • Tasty n Alder
    • Council Crest Park
    • Blue Star Donuts (skip Voodoo)
    • Salt & Straw Ice Cream
    • Cannon Beach
    • Tillamook Creamery
    • Portland City Grill (especially Happy Hour)
    • Oregon Rail Heritage Center
    • Tilikum Crossing
    • Cathedral Park/St. John Bridge
    • Willamette Valley wineries
    • Portland Japanese Garden

And so much more.  It really depends on the time of year you're going.  I know I've just barely scratched the surface there. 

Got full details on most of this on my Insiders Blog:  Hawaii & Beyond! 

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Great list, kharada46! I would also suggest:

Powell's Books

Pittock Mansion (one of the best views of the city!)

OMSI (Oregon Museum of Science and Industry)

Portland Art Museum - Andy Warhol is currently on display

And of course, Portland has an endless amount of amazing restaurants! Hard to go wrong, reallly......

Thanks, lindseyh  I forgot about OMSI

mustanggt Platinum

The Portland Marriott City Center is centrally located and has a nice CL.  Now that SPG is part of Marriott, consider trying The Nines Hotel, part of the SPG Luxury Collection.  It is also centrally located.  This hotel has a nice CL, a terrific restaurant/bar on the top floor called the Departure Lounge.  Also in the hotel is the best steak house in Portland, The Urban Farmer.  If you are into upscale and hard to find bourbons, scotches, and whiskeys try the Whiskey Library.  They have a thousand or more selections to choose from.  Next to the Portland City Center Marriott is the Imperial restaurant.  This is a great place for breakfast, lunch or dinner.  If you like sushi go to Bamboo Sushi.  They serve excellent sustainable sushi.  Lastly, Portland is famous for their food trucks.  There is one section downtown that has a hundred or more of them.  There is certainly something that you would enjoy.  Portland is a walking city, so have a great time exploring!

curiousone Platinum

mustanggt do you know if the CL is the same as the "Club Lounge" that I am seeing on the web page? This looks like a possible visit on my next Portland trip. Great location.

mustanggt Platinum

Yes  it is.

greattraveltime Platinum

Thank you all for the great tips! We are here now and visited the Columbia river highway, Multnomah falls and Cannon beach. We are driving up to Seattle for a couple days and will return to downtown (pearl district) for our final two days before heading home.

mustanggt Platinum

My daughter used to live in the Pearl District, and I can tell you from experience that there are a lot of brew pubs in the area (I never found a bad one).  My favorite coffee shop in that area is Sisters Coffee (sorry Starbucks).

curiousone Platinum

As I was walking around the Pearl District last year I noticed that the Residence Inn is right next to busy railroad tracks. I would be concerned about train noise at the RI.

superchief1 Platinum

I stayed at the Courtyard City Center last year for a stopover on a train trip.Although I typically don't like CY, i would stay here again if the cost was a lot lower than the Marriott. We were upgraded to a large corner room on a high floor and had a nice view of the city. It is conveniently located on the streetcar line and close to good restaurants and the food trucks. The independent restaurant onsite had excellent breakfast and lunch, and seemed to be popular with locals. Staff was extremely helpful.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Incoming Links