21 Replies Latest reply: Nov 7, 2016 7:52 PM by peymanagement RSS

Another Status Match Benefit!!

rle Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Now that you have linked your Marriott Rewards account to your SPG account and got your status matched at Starwood Properties, there is another benefit I found out about that I thought I would share with you all.  Apparently, Hilton Honors is offering to status-match with any other hotel rewards program as a promotion to get you to stay at their hotels. 

Hilton HHonors Status Match

All you have to do is prove your membership, status and a stay at one of your current hotel's locations within the last 12 months and Hilton will match your status to whatever their applicable status level is.  To keep it through 2018, you only need to stay 4 - 8 times at a Hilton property. 

Just thought I would share...,

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Another Status Match Benefit!!
    insertcoffee Platinum

Thanks for posting this.  I missed the match last summer. I'm not planning any Hilton stays, but it is always nice to have another option -- with status.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

curiousone Platinum

I did the Hilton status match earlier this year. My Plat became Diamond at Hilton for 2 years. I have stayed at a variety of Hiltons since getting Diamond and have to admit I was not feeling much love as a Diamond.

chobbits Platinum

Wow.

thats a bit of a game changer, i would suggest....

renaissanceman1944 Platinum

Thanks for posting this...I saw this and immediately submitted the request and immediately went from Silver to Diamond at Hilton and am already 4 stays into the 8 needed to retain Diamond through 2018.  I have to say that I really like having status now at 3 great Hotel Chains, Marriott, SPG and now Hilton.  

goodyear Platinum

I am a life time platinum elite.  I am moving to Hilton for 2017...will have 120 nights at Marriott this year.  Marriott is not interested in keeping long term platinum elites.  800-621-0999 is the number to the "Marriott Executive" office...called them with an issue and was told they would fix it and call me back...never heard from the lady...had to call back, spoke to another lady and then got an excuse call back. Megan Bonus is horrible...stay 10 nights and get a thousand points...what a joke.

donk71 Platinum

What MegaBonus did you sign up for? I've stayed 21 nights since I signed up for MB and received 20k extra points.

rle Gold

I signed up for the 5K Mega Bonus after two stays.  Sadly, it does not look like I am going to get even that.  I have had 3 trips planned from September to December and they have all been cancelled.  I am staying at the Marriott Vacation Club in St. Kitts at the end of November for a week.  Alas, my uncle owns that not me, so I won't be getting credit for it.  Although, I probably wouldn't have anyway since that is a timeshare... 

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

I will have to make up one night to get to 10. In the future I will take the sure bet

nnickolas Platinum

I am a diamond with Hilton, you will earn points faster, however hotels will cost you more to redeem points. Marriott indeed their points growing quite slow.

felixf5 Platinum

How long did it take for Hilton to match the status after submitting the request? I submitted last Friday in a hope to get Diamond before I check-out of a Hilton this Friday but no luck so far...

rle Gold

It took about a week to receive my email confirmation. Hopefully , you will have the email by or on Friday...

todzwif Platinum

I got my match pretty quickly, just a couple of days.  This is my first year of hitting Platinum with Marriott, and now Hilton Diamond.  I have to admit, I've been loyal to Marriott for several years, but Hilton treats me way better when I use them, which is rarely. 

nationwide Platinum

todzwif, I got the status match, but have yet to make a Hilton stay.  You mention that they treat you better at Hilton, can you share your experience?

Nationwide...since getting the match, I've stayed at Hilton's 4 times and really am feeling the love from them.  I stay mostly in the NYC/NJ/Philly market and most of the Marriott properties in those markets are all old and outdated.  The costs to stay at a FS Marriott are also usually on the high side.  The 4 stays that I have had since the match have all been at FS Hiltons and one Doubletree.  I get premium internet, and full breakfast buffet at the hotel restaurant (supposed to be just continental but each location offers the full breakfast buffet to Diamond)...much better than the sparse fare offered at the CL.  The other thing I like and of which is really minor is that they e-mail me a PDF of my hotel bill which makes attaching the PDF to my expense report much easier than dealing with the e-mailed receipt from Marriott which never seems to work.  I am really feeling the love from Hilton.

todzwif Platinum

I was in Venice, Italy two weekends ago.  I had been corresponding with a reservations person for several days and when I arrived in the city, followed her directions precisely to the front door of the Hilton Garden Inn and went inside to check in.  The trouble was, my reservation was at the Doubletree, 25 minutes away.  Even though the misunderstanding was likely as much my mistake as reservations, the front desk rep sat me on a couch, gave me water, wifi access and called the other hotel.  He arranged for them to send their shuttle for me, saving me likely $100 in taxi fare.  When I arrived at the 'right' hotel, they checked me in, had already upgraded me to a junior suite, and had their shuttle take me into the city, even though it wasn't supposed to run for another 2.5 hours, and only charged me half the shuttle fee for my entire stay.  I rarely get an upgrade at a Marriott property, and sometimes have to remind them of my status on the rare occasion I ask for a late checkout.   I was blown away by the way I was treated at Hilton, simply because I had Diamond status.  I wonder if the difference is that a lot of Marriott properties are franchised.  They don't seem to adhere to brand, or customer service, standards.

nationwide Platinum

Excellent insights here!  Thanks for sharing the experience!  The European hotels seem to "get it," whereas the US hotels overall seem to lack a commitment to service (Spirit to Serve anyone?).  Thanks again.

I had the status match in about 3 days.

donethat Platinum 5 Reviews

I did the status match w/ Hilton last year.  Glad to see it has been an easy process for most of you.  It took me 6 calls and 3 months to match status to Diamond through 2018 for me.  The Hilton Reward desk was extremely disappointing, and whole experience disheartening.  I only did it because it was offered....and I needed to stay at a Hilton for business event.  The process again left a sour taste in my mouth.....good luck.

peymanagement Platinum

My one with Hilton last year was a simple e mail with proof of status at Marriott and my HH number and it was immediate. I didn't have to talk to anyone.

donethat Platinum 5 Reviews

Yes I received written email confirming status match within 3 days, but they never internally adjusted it on my profile.  I spent the better part 3 months showing them they approved 4 different times.  They were apparently clueless,  could not read English and argued with me, sending me from supervisor to supervisor even though email told them I qualified/congratulating me on new status. .  In any event, I only stay at Hilton as a last resort/when required. I can get abused anywhere, just not going let it happen at Hilton again.  Best of luck with them.

peymanagement Platinum

So you will stay with Marriot...me too...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...