2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 28, 2010 9:19 PM by anadyr RSS

St. Augustine, FL Courtyard

john1719 Gold 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Courtyard is our hotel of choice wherever we travel and we have seldom been disappointed.  St. Augustine was an exception to the rule.

The hotel appeared new and clean.  That wasn't the problem.  My personal disappointment was based on the fact that we were visiting the oldest city in the U.S. and staying in a hotel that would better fit the Jetsons.  Something more traditional, like Savannah's Courtyard in the Historic District would have been far more appropriate.  The room was great - The "Bistro" concept was a giant step away (and in the wrong direction)from the normal Courtyard breakfast and the free coffee/tea/hot chocolate that you find in most Courtyards, was closed early in the evening.  Desk and Bistro staff appeared aloof - much different than we've seen at other Courtyards.

In short, it was a very clean, antiseptic experience with none of the charm that has made Marriott great.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: St. Augustine, FL Courtyard
    powergirl Platinum 1 Reviews

As a lover of all things interior design, I prefer the newer Courtyards and their green, zen-like ambiance. The older CYs are outdated, and the beds are by far not suitable for a comfy night's sleep. I appreciate Marriott and its efforts to keep up with competitors. So many swanky hotels like Aloft and Hotel Indigo are popping up. If CY wants to remain in the running, I'd recommend updating all of its hotels, pronto! 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: St. Augustine, FL Courtyard
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

try the newest Springhill Suites--tres moderne!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...