6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 13, 2016 2:11 PM by pluto77 RSS

MegaBonus and Promotions?

trackboy Gold
Currently Being Moderated

lHave been a Marriott rewards member for awhile and got accustomed to receiving emails or looking at the Promotion page for new promotions.  I had not received or seen any fall promotion, so I started looking around on internet and came across that a Fall MegaBonus was offered.  Curious why I no longer receive emails or can view on the promotions page?  Anyone else experience this issue?

I did reach out to Marriott through email and received very short replies, but again never answered my questions on the promotion above.  Also inquired, since I just signed up, will the promotion be applied retroactively for the time frame or only count from signup date forward.  I already had 8 nights within the bonus time frame and would love to receive the credit.

Very frustrated with the email customer service and thought I would join the community.  Thanks for the help.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: MegaBonus and Promotions?
    seatexan Platinum

I am going to point you to this:

Insiders, First Time Ever! Pick Your MegaBonus® – up to 50,000 Points

There has been a ton of discussion and also a ton of issues with this mega bonus.  I hope this link below, links to the correct post by pluto77.

https://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/blogs/exclusive-news/2016/08/29/insiders-first-time-ever-pick-your-megabonus-up-to-50000-points#comment-46380

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

SeaTexan, Since you referenced my rant, I decided I'd better clean it up a bit...

trackboy, first call c/s and get signed up.  Explain your lack of notification and ask to have your previous stays counted towards the promo.  If c/s gives you any grief about the second part, say thanks, hang up and call and speak to someone different.  Don't tell them you just signed up.  Just explain that there is an issue that your nights haven't been counted and you need help getting it fixed.

seatexan Platinum

It was a good rant! And explained the frustration of this mega bonus.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

lol, well, not any more!

AZDesertRat Platinum

trackboy  Welcome.  I think your question has been answered by SeaTexan and pluto77.  Joining in this MRI site will help keep you informed and help you resolve issues - some of which you may not have even realized existed.  I don't know how many bonus promotions I was oblivious to before I discovered this site, as I often did not receive the emails announcing them.  But if you pay any attention at all, you will not miss future offerings and you will get wonderful travel information and advice.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Welcome, trackboy!  You've received some great insight above.  Feel free to let us know if you have any additional questions when it comes to the MegaBonus. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...