2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 13, 2016 3:54 PM by john_thai RSS

King of Thailand has died

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

He was the longest sitting monarch in the world. He's been on the throne for 80 years.He was loved throughout Thailand.

This will have an impact on tourism. I suspect there will be tighter security during the succession process for the new King. The Crown Prince and the military dictator are not known to be exactly good friends.

In addition there are likely to be restrictions in place on some days about alcohol consumption. Normally Thailand bans liquor sales on certain holidays. There will likely be days like that during the succession. That won't make any difference to me, but there are always some complaints from tourists when the bars are closed.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Thailand
  • Re: King of Thailand has died
    chris0311 Platinum

Great information! I was wondering if this would affect tourism in any way. I'm taking a quick 5 day trip next month and it's either going to be India or Thailand. This helps a bunch with my decision.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: King of Thailand has died
    john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

Correction. He was King for 70 years

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...