12 Replies Latest reply: Oct 12, 2016 7:59 PM by cdec RSS

casamagna puerto vallarta

cdec Member
Currently Being Moderated

I am new to Marriott and I have been looking into a holiday with my tweens at CasaMagna Puerto Vallarta. I have read the great blogs and seen pictures from many of you.   Has anyone any ideas or knowledge whether there is an inclusive plan or not. Some sites show there is, but may not be accurate as my agent suggests.  I would like to have options on some inclusions if available.  Also, is this hotel a good choice for family?  I love the location close to Marina.

Thanks for any help.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
  • Re: casamagna puerto vallarta
    bacon14 Platinum

Hi cdec and welcome!!  I'm actually heading to the Casa Magna in a few weeks and there are a few insiders here that have stayed multiple times IAHFLYR tryt53 and probably give you lots of great information.  If you book directly through the Marriott website there is an all inclusive option available.  However, there are so many great local options for meals that I think it's a tad expensive unless you really want to just plant at the hotel and never leave.  Last time I stayed at the Westin in the marina and found a great local place for breakfast for just a few dollars.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Hi bacon14.  Thanks, and I sent cdec some direct information too.  We are in fact heading back for our 8th year from Oct 24 - Nov 1.  When are you going to be there this time?  Make sure you ask Simon for rooms in the "Thornton Wing", if they are available.  Those are the rooms I always ask him for, and when I send people to them, I tell them to ask for a specific room number ranges.  He jokingly calls it that now, to keep me from having to specify the specific room number ranges on the 5th and 7th floors.  These are the best rooms, in my opinion, and face the pool, city, ocean, have the morning sun, and shaded balcony in the afternoon.  If you don't have Simon's direct email, just let me know.

Tim Thornton

bacon14 Platinum

I don't have his direct email but love that he's renamed it after you!!  We arrive on November 1st as you leave, probably on the Alaska plane we arrive on   Have you ever ventured out to Le Kliff for a meal?  After what's headed our way tomorrow, we'll both be ready for some serious sunshine.

Cheers

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Sorry we'll just miss each other by so little time!  At least you will still get the last couple of days of Dia de Muertos festivities and get to release turtles   I will send you his direct email in a message to you.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I've already asked for my "Thornton Wing" room for Dec!   Please let Simon know how much we appreciate him and him naming that wing appropriately.

You guys strap down the hatches way out west tomorrow and it looks like we will miss the storm again in Lincoln City, dang it.  Missed one a couple of years ago by a day that knocked out the power for a couple of days before we go there, that was a humdinger for sure.

cdec Member

thanks so much for our help.  I will in fact contact the resort but all of you Insiders have had great ideas.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Welcome to Insiders cdec and thank you bacon14 for the ping.

The Puerto Vallarta Hotels | CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta is a great resort.  Large pool and hot tub, large swim up bar, excellent servers at the pool and large rooms everyone with an ocean view even though some may have less of a view than those located farthest away from the beach.  There are also plenty of lounges around the pool so you won't have to fight for a spot very often.

There are three restaurants and a sports bar at the resort as well as a lobby bar that has some pretty good drinks!!   Mikado has wonderful Sushi and a Hibachi area, but as bacon14 mentioned the prices are not inexpensive.

The beach and water in front of the hotel are the only drawbacks of the resort as the Ameca River flows down from the mountains into Bandaras Bay just north of the airport and the Marriott is just south of the airport.  If it's rained in the mountains the Bay in front of the resort can be a brownish color from the river water.  Good news is if want blue water on your beach days go north of the river to the beaches of Nuevo Vallarta. 

With the Marina right across the street you can find many spots to dine if you do not want to do the all inclusive. The prices are very reasonable and the food is very good.  A few spots to look at that we love are:

fun spot with great food and prices.  They don't want you to leave so if you want faster service ask for it

Directly across from the resort entrance is Marina Vallarta Club de Golf | Puerto Vallarta Jalisco   and you can have breakfast at their restaurant Dining | Marina Vallarta Club de Golf | Puerto Vallarta which is has a great breakfast and talk about cheap.  Angel will take very good care of you as you sit on the terrace overlooking the 9th green of the golf course.

There are a number of other options along the Puerto Vallarta Malecon, a city favorite as well so unless you just want to remain within the resort itself for food options I would not do an all inclusive.

From the airport it's about a five minute taxi ride and costs from $15-$20 USD and yes they will take USD most places, but you'll get Pesos for any change you have coming.  You can catch the taxi outside of the terminal building and unless you want to get ripped off for transportation or you just want to buy a timeshare DO NOT stop and talk to anyone after you exit the Immigration and Customs area as the hallway afterwards is just full of that stuff.  Get out of the terminal first then find the taxi bosses.

If you plan on going the first week of December you'll be met with about 350 golfers playing in a tournament that week and we are not for the faint of heart let me just put it that way.

A good thing to do might be to contact the Chief Concierge Simon and ask him about the all inclusive and other resort information.  Simon is wonderful and will be a big help.

Please don't hesitate to ask Insiders other questions as many folks have visited this very safe friendly spot in Mexico.

bacon14 Platinum

IAHFLYR have you ventured down to Le Kliff for dinner?  I know it's about a 50 min ride but looks like it might be a special place to check out.  Need a little grownup food in between tacos once and a while.

cdec Member

This is amazing.  I appreciate all the details and suggestions.  Its so great to have so many experienced travellers' thoughts and likes.

jijip1011 Gold

I stayed there last spring. I am a long time Marriott person and also a vacation club owner.  The resort is fine but it is not all inclusive.  The water is cold and the beach is rocky.  There is not much for teens to do there and the marina area is nice as well but I don't think teens would enjoy it (mother of four boys myself).  I would try something different.  On top of that, my husband and I both got food poisoning in Mexico although not at the resort. 

cdec Member

thank you for that. !!! I will have to look into more detail.  I want this to be a great time for everyone.  Any suggestions otherwise??? 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...