5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 13, 2016 5:40 PM by AndrewT RSS

"M Beta" hotel laboratory - Charlotte, NC

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Charlotte, North Carolina, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Charlotte Marriott City Center
  • Re: "M Beta" hotel laboratory - Charlotte, NC
    seatexan Platinum

I so want to try this out!  

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

homoviator Platinum

I'm here in the hotel this weekend!  I have to say, a nice step up from most Marriotts.  Mostly everything is positive with only 1 negative that i'll get to eventually.

The positive: I had a room assignment and never had to check in the front desk, I just went straight to my room. Room was nice. Big flat TV; nice bed; big showers with no tubs. Nice sliding doors like in the Rens. All looked new and fresh

The lobby was happening. Lots of different spaces to use depending on your size of group. Looks like there's a v. cute cafe in the corner, but never made it there. The restaurant looked like a blast (but I'd already eaten, so maybe next time).  Gym was fantastic. It was spacious and lots of different activities. 

The gem is the M Club. Great food, open all weekend and the space is well organized.  Breakfast was good and I'm looking forward to going back.

Now the negatives: I don't usually have many business needs that I can't take care of myself, but today I was in a pickle. I needed to get something sent out. Ask at the front desk if they could provide me with a stamp an send a letter. Nope. no stamps and possibly no mail pickup on Saturday.  Serious bummer

I guess if you want an upgrade you'd go to the front desk and ask. I don't think I really got one. I'm on a higher floor, but still 4 from the highest. It's nice and it works well enough, but if the app just said: 'As a platinum guest, we have moved you to a higher floor" I'd feel better. Like many here we are often left wondering.

Got to use my app key for the first time. It was also the first time I've spilled water on my phone, trying to open the door with the phone and a cup of water in the other.  It's a nice idea, but still needs work. It takes longer than a regular key, especially if you've closed the Marriott App, and more fidgety.  I think it the future you'll be able to choose your own room. I wish that would happen sooner rather than later. For now, I'll just pick up a key down stairs to use and if I deactivate it like I do most the time, I can just revert back to my smart phone.

Lastly, I'd heard that you could order breakfast in the M Club, like an omelet or maybe a waffle. Nope, at least that's what they said when I asked.

In short, as a visitor to Charlotte Marriott chains, I'm glad I found this place.  At first, the parking was a bit of a hassle (I'm not a big valet user but will if I need to) A pool would be nice, but I'll give up a pool for the M Club any day.  I normally stay on the north side of town at SpringHills. I've liked it but never liked the crazy of all the kids. This and the Res on the south side of town are more my speed nowadays, even with family. Even my daughter doesn't like the crazy that can be the SpringHills in northern Charlotte.   If I had to choose a favorite place in Charlotte, this is my new go-to hotel. Looking for an excuse to come back.

randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

We stayed there last weekend (and had stayed before the changes) and were impressed.  However, they really need to do something about the vehicle/valet entry/exit issue.  Very crowded ... poorly designed access for level of traffic it receives.

homoviator Platinum

valet is definitely a problem.  I didn't use it, but when we left we even noticed all the cars outside and it was crazy.  I think those were my exactly words and one of the attendants nodded his head in agreement.

This morning in the M club, there were so many people that there were no no more seats/tables available, plates or silverware/glasses and by the time we left, no more food. At the very least, the should probably have had somebody making sure that everybody going in was supposed to be. When we grabbed a water on the way out, two people slipped in behind us.

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

randomname and homoviator,

As always, we appreiate your feedback. We've shared this with the appropriate team for their consideration.

Thanks