11 Replies Latest reply: Oct 17, 2016 9:09 AM by carat RSS

Best most efficient way to report missing stay with the most success rate?

halfwayaroundtheworld Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am new to Insider, so hello everyone!

I have a question and thought you all might be able to share your experience regarding this. So, from your experience, what is the fastest and most efficient way to get a missing stay added to your account? Missing stay form on the website? Chat? Platinum phone line?

I have to contact Marriott every other week if not every week becuase my stays are often not added to the account even after 10 days. Everytime I check in, I always make sure that I give the hotel my Marriott rewards member number. But yet, it is still happening a lot.  I have tried different routes of contacting them to report missing stays. I have done it through the website's missing stay form, with this sometimes I get a response, sometimes I don't. I have tried their chat feature. I have encountered some friendly representatives and some curt and not so friendly reps who seemed to feel that I was bothering them. Most of the time they say that they cant find my hotel bill, so they will have to contact hotel directly or I can email the bill to them, which I always do. Even then, there were some occasions when I didnt hear anything back and points still were not credited to my account.  When any of these didn't work, I called the gold/platinum phone line. Even then, I usually have to email the hotel bill yet again, even though their responses are faster  and usually friendlier, and they take care of it.  Does anybody else have this kind of problem? And so, from your experience, what is the best way of reporting missing stay? I find it odd that they cant find the hotel bills in their system. It is frustating when we have to spend so much time and effort just to have the points that we already earned credited to our account.  Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Best most efficient way to report missing stay with the most success rate?
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Welcome to Insiders halfwayaroundtheworld!  My name is Cara and I am one of the Community Mangers here on the forum.  Apologies for the frustrations caused by these missing stays!  You have mentioned some great ways to reach out for assistance but would like to let you know, we can help you here as well.  When an issue like this arises, feel free to reach out to one of the Community Mangers, myself included, with the details of your missing stay along with your Rewards number and we'd be happy to make sure all eligible credit has been added to your account.  Also, if you have a copy of your folio, passing that along with your note will help expedite this process.  We're always here to answer your questions, so please do not hesitate to ask.   

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Best most efficient way to report missing stay with the most success rate?

Thank you carat Is there an email address to which I can send a pdf copy of the hotel folio(s) to you or other moderators? I always have problem with uploading jpeg copy of the folio through the missing stay form on the website too. I do not know why. Sometimes when a paper copy is all I have, and I need to send a digital copy  to report missing stay, the simplest way for me to do this is by taking a  jpeg picture of it with my ipad or cell phone. But recently the website has not been recognizing these files as the acceptable format to be uploaded.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Here on the forum, the best way to attach an item to a direct message is to begin a new message.  When doing this, a little Polaroid icon will appear which brings up the upload window.  We often receive photos of folios and these work just as well as a scanned copy. 

Snail5930 Gold

Almost always points missing after stay. Until last year, missing stay form worked - after 3 days getting points. This year I could not get points that way.

For me, the most effective is chatting on the site.

Another way is with an email to the hotel and they give points after two or three days.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

For me it starts with making sure i  have a copy of the bill. If you do mobile check out whichni do a lot you dont get a hard copy but they e mail it to you. That has never been a problem for me yet at least . I have usually gone the missing stays tequest but isually it requests you to wait . The quickest for me is calling the hotel .  The number should be on the reservation

chris0311 Platinum

I have a missing stay as well from April. I called the support line but nothing has shown up yet. I'll call again once more and hopefully see some results. This was a great question though....which one of these avenues has the highest mean resolution time.

chris0311 Platinum

I have a missing stay as well from April. I called the support line but nothing has shown up yet. I'll call again once more and hopefully see some results. This was a great question though....which one of these avenues has the highest mean resolution time.

AZDesertRat Platinum

This topic has received much attention on this site in the past.  In the very few instances I have not had a stay credited, a call to the MR elite help line got it resolved with one call and the credits posted within 48 hours.  That is my recommendation - using the email/copy of receipt approach is hit or miss.

I think you are right. I did make another call  to the platinum phone line yesterday to report another missing stay, and they took care of it within minutes. I am so glad that they did, unlike through chat where they usually ask me to send an email with the folio, then curtly say that they will see my email within 48 hrs......and then.... 50% of the time, i hear nothing back and points still not credited.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...