9 Replies Latest reply: Oct 12, 2016 9:24 AM by carat RSS

Valuable Starwood/Marriott Map from Trillo 88 @ Flyertalk

erc Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

The Starwood Flyertalk forum provides some excellent insights into the merger and its various value opportunities. Here's a map one of the posters so thoughtfully built.  From chatting with several of my Starwood buddies, it appears (to me, YMMV) that the Starwood high elites get better recognition than the Marriott elites do (more real upgrades, less begging and headaches) and that the Marriott properties are priced more attractively (which is fine by me, that's why I don't play at the Ritz and love me some JW and Rens, more beer money).  Enjoy, and a big thank you to trillo88 (a thoughtful, hard working tech wizard).  This has proven helpful to me in cities like Chicago and Boston where it's hard to find a great Marriott deal (due to their high occupancy - except in zero or less temperatures ).

If for whatever reason you can't get through (most likely because I somehow messed it up) don't bug me, I'm a step behind the Amish when it comes to technology. Go to Flyertalk Starwood and get it directly from the source (lots of good info there - instead of counting your badges, read this instead ).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/1795785-starwood-marriott-hotel-award-map.html

http://www.starwoodmap.com/

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Valuable Starwood/Marriott Map from Trillo 88 @ Flyertalk
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

GReat map there, erc... I have started looking for SPG alternatives and this will help a lot...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tommy_gunn Gold

wow that is awesome for both work and personal travel needs! often get stuck when there are big conferences in the bay area and I cannot find another Marriott/SPG hotel. This is perfect for that.

thanks for posting this

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Now that's some "good stuff Maynard"!!!  I'm going to save that to my favorites as it will certainly be of use when comparing the two.

erc since I cannot remember my Flyertalk password nor username please let trillo88 know how much it is appreciated.  Who knows, maybe tomorrow a new day I'll figure out how to get back on to Flyertalk!

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

erc this is really a neat map! Great find and thanks for posting it!

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Great map!!

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

I Think we were told at tipple that it appears Starwood treated   their top levels better than Marriott did but that marriott treated the less than 50 nights better

seatexan Platinum

Ah yes! I remember that being said too.  I believe it.  Being so top heavy was not good for them.  I like how Marriott treats everyone pretty well.  It is certainly what kept me coming back to stay at Marriotts. 

seatexan Platinum

Thank you thank you for sharing!   this is AWESOME!!!!

I have already used it to look up a few things. 

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Very neat!  Thanks for posting erc!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...