6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 3, 2017 4:07 PM by cttraveler RSS

JW Marriott Camelback - Room Preferences

crnkotm Platinum 6 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

My wife and I are looking to take a trip to Scottsdale to stay at the JW Camelback right before Christmas. I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation on which room type to chose. Is it worth paying for the upgrade? Has anyone experienced getting free upgrades here?

Thanks!

Tony

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA JW Marriott JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa
  • Re: JW Marriott Camelback - Room Preferences
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

crnkotm,

It's been seven years since I've been to Camelback, but I did get upgraded to one of their two floor Casitas that had a huge balcony/terrace overlooking Camelback Mountain and love the entire resort.  It was an outstanding room and perfect for my Son and I who were out there playing golf.

Not sure what he upgrade fee is for that type of room, but why not just call the resort and ask for it?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

crnkotm,

You have selected a wonderful property to stay at in Scottsdale at The Camelback!

Having stayed there it is exceptional, however, it is not my favorite in Scottsdale, (I am no golfer), and I really enjoy The RI at Paradise Valley.  But that is just my choice.

To answer you question about paying for an upgrade, I would do it, but have it "Worked-out" prior to showing up!

Here are some photo's of my favorite room at The Camelback!

IMG_1350.JPG

IMG_1353.JPG

Room 602 is a beauty!

IMG_1354.JPG

The shower was the finest of all of my travels!

IMG_1355.JPG

The view is great!  This suite is is where the VIP's stay, exceptional!

IMG_1356.JPG

Marriott Staff Members like Kristen, make our stay so memorable!

Enjoy your experience!

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

I Like the separate casitas

crnkotm Platinum 6 Reviews

Thanks guys! I'm going to call out there today and chat with them. As usual you guys are a huge help!

AZDesertRat Platinum

crnkotm You will enjoy the Camelback Inn.  Two nearby restaurants for more immersion in Southwest ambiance:

Lon's at the Hermosa Inn - about 2 miles from the Camelback Inn

El Chorro - on Lincoln, within a 1/4 mile of it.

Have a great trip.

cttraveler Platinum

WE loved Camelback. Stayed in a casitas and really enjoyed it.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...