46 Replies Latest reply: Jan 2, 2017 7:04 PM by YogiB RSS

Birthday Credit?

lov2go Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I received an email saying I would receive the birthday credit but it has not shown up in my account. It has been over two weeks, is there somewhere I can look to see if I actually received the elite credit?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Birthday Credit?
    nationwide Platinum

lov2go, if you click the blue nights button on your My Account page after signing into the main Marriott website, you should see the breakdown of your nightly activity this year.  Under promo nights, you should have a 1, if they've awarded you your birthday elite night credit.  Hope this helps! 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lov2go Gold

Thank you.  I was able to see the breakdown and it does not show my any promo nights.  When I click on the email again, it says the birthday credit was already awarded.???

nationwide Platinum

Let's tag carat in, and see if she can give you a status update.  While a number of Insiders who have been patiently awaiting the posting of their birthday night began posting that they received them today, perhaps they are playing a bit of catch-up.  Let's see what insight carat can share.  I am confident they will get these caught up... eventually

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

I'm still waiting for my birthday night, and my birthday was 2 months ago!

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi everyone!

Currently the Birthday Elite Night Credit program is going through an update, which is the cause for the credit not posting to your account. We are keeping tabs of everyone who has not received their birthday night credit, so that once the update is complete we can check to make sure that everyone has received it. I have added everyone on this thread to the list. Apologize for any inconvenience!

trevfour Platinum

HI lindseyh, please put me on the list, it's my birthday today!

nationwide Platinum

trevfour Happy birthday!!!! 

Happy birthday!! Hope you have a wonderful day full of celebration.

I've got you down on the list as well.

Snail5930 Gold

I had my birthday on October 5, click on the link for additional elite night but still it is not reflected in my account

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

Well mine is today so two Libras

trevfour Platinum

Happy birthday jerryl

And happy belated to you trevfour

Happy birthday, jerryl!

Thx Lindseyh

nationwide Platinum

Happy birthday jerryl!  I hope you celebrated in grand fashion my friend! 

auntiesam Platinum

Hi lindseyh,

My birthday was October 7th. It's in my profile and I have received the birthday credit in previous years. I did not receive the email or the credit this year. Thanks!

kanniemac Platinum

I just realized that I've never received my annual email about my Birthday Credit.  My birthday is in June, I'm Platinum Elite this year, and I've received it each of the previous two years when I was Silver and Gold Elite.  What should I do about this -- Contact the Rewards Customer Support line, or can you help?

Added to my original question --

I just realized this may be a byproduct of my two Rewards accounts being merged last year -- I had a very old Rewards account that I hadn't used for years, and a new one that I'd used to accumulate all my points for about the past 20 years.  (Years ago they told me they couldn't find the old one, so I'd opened a new one.)  When I got a Marriott Rewards credit card in late 2014, the older Rewards account number was listed on it.  I contacted Rewards support, and they merged both my accounts under the older number.  But I just checked, and it doesn't look like they transferred my birth date during the merger -- it wasn't on my profile on the older account just now (the one I use all the time now).

I just added my birthday to this profile.  Can this birthday night be rewarded retroactively?

Thanks!

Message was edited by: KAnnieMac

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

This is a great question, kanniemac!  In order to receive this credit members need to meet a couple of requirements. 

1) Birthday (Month & Date) must be listed in Rewards account

2) Must be subscribed to emails from Marriott Rewards (including receiving news & offers from partner emails)

3) Must click through the Birthday email for the credit to be added

Unfortunately, if your birthday has passed and you have not met these requirements, we cannot retroactively add this credit.  Please take a moment to review your account and make sure these requirements have been met to be eligible for this promotion moving forward.  We'd like to apologize for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused. 

kanniemac Platinum

But carat, my birthday was in my profile on the account I'd used for years (the newer one) and I'd received the free birthday credit for the past two years (2014 and 2015) on that account.  Marriott Rewards insisted on merging the two accounts into my OLD account, which I hadn't used for years (I'd opened it in either 1987 or 1988, and maybe used it for two or three years).  I had only previously used this account long before setting up an online profile was possible.  They assured me they were transferring everything over to this old account.  I had no idea they hadn't transferred all of my personal information over and that my birthday wasn't on that account.

It doesn't seem like I should be penalized for something a Marriott Rewards staffer did incorrectly.  Is there someone in management in the Rewards program I can contact about this?

Thanks!

kanniemac Platinum

carat wrote:

This is a great question, kanniemac!  In order to receive this credit members need to meet a couple of requirements.

1) Birthday (Month & Date) must be listed in Rewards account

carat, did you see my earlier reply above?  The only reason my birthday wasn't on the active account was because Marriott Rewards had merged my two Rewards accounts into the OLDER account last year (after I'd already received my 2015 birthday credit), an account that had been inactive since sometime in the 1990s, but my birthday was on my NEWER account.  They told me "everything" would be transferred over.  The nights were, and the points were, but it looks like my birthday wasn't transferred over to the profile.

I didn't realize it until I stumbled across this discussion thread the other day, checked and found out I'd never gotten this year's birthday credit email, checked my OLD account (the active one now), and discovered they hadn't moved the birthday.

This seems like something Marriott Rewards should willingly acknowledge as their error and correct retroactively, so I'll get the birthday credit for this year.

If you're not able to facilitate this, who should I contact?

Thanks!

Apologies for any frustration caused, kanniemac.  Would you mind sending me your Rewards number along with the month and date of your birthday.  We'll take a deeper look into this.

kanniemac Platinum

Thanks, carat.  I just sent you a direct message with this information.

tewas21 Platinum

Add me to the list. I didn't get mine..prolly never did the past years as this is news to me.

c33 Platinum

I never received a birthday night credit this year (or the email to claim it).

Jsucool76 Gold

It appears I got my birthday credit a few days ago. Noticed I went from 50 nights to 51, and a new "promotional night" was added.

Hi Insiders! We've just received word that this system will begin working as it should on October 18th.  On or around that date, you will be able to see this credit added to your account if you have clicked through the email or have called to have this credit added to your account. If by October 21st, you still do not see this credit listed, please reach out to one of the Community Managers and we'd be happy to take a look for you. Thank you for your patience while our teams sorted this out!!

profbes Platinum

Hi carat, it is October 21 and I have still not received the birthday credit. I replied to the email when it came in September about the credit and I also posted here and was told I was put on the "list". Just checking as I do appreciate the credit.

Hi profbes.  We are currently working with our support team to verify if all credits have been added.  Once we've received clarity, we will be sure to let the community know.  Again, apologies for the frustration this has caused!!

bigmrm Platinum

Well, if you're keeping a list, please add me to ones who never received an email!

homoviator Platinum

this makes me slightly optimistic that I'll get my birthday night this year, yet I'm not so sure why I should feel optimistic.

???

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

My credit did not show up in a week so I called the elite support line and I had credit the next day!

YogiB Platinum

Hello dear CMs and other lovely people reading along,

Having had my birthday yesterday, I haven't seen any email from the Marriott system gifting me the birthday elite night credit.

My birthday has been listed in my profile for many months now and I'm sure I followed all the other requirements.

Could someone look into this for me? I tried to send DMs with my member#, but the website shows an orange error bar when I hit [Send], but doesn't say what is the problem.

Thanks,

Yogi

P.S. I am staying the weekend at the Delta Quebec City and they were awesome in allowing me to use the Club Lounge to receive some of my local friends, have the food from room service brought there and they gave gifts!

Happy Birthday YogiB    I have reached out via DM.

YogiB Platinum

Thanks. Crossing fingers that those IT guys can fix the issues before the end of the month.

YogiB Platinum

I forgot to report back here, but I got my birthday credit.

In the end I decided to spread my chances, so I called Marriott Rewards CS on my phone. The CSR said the server issues were a thing of the past though (clearly not true), but said she would follow up.

A couple of hours later I got an email from a different CSR, stating all the rules to be eligble and that it was probably my fault if I didn't receive the famous birthday email. I repeated that I followed all rules and I should be eligible. After some extra replies implying that I don't know how to check my spam folders (come on, I have my own domain name, I know my email server). But in the end she promised I would get the birthday elite night credit manually awarded and would see it in 24h (meaning 48h).

Conclusion: call Marriott Rewards Customer Service.

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

Call the elite support line.  They have straightened out this issue for me when I did not receive my birthday credit.

insertcoffee Platinum

carat  Is it possible to consolidate all of the threads on this same topic?  There are at least three or four just on the birthday issue.

You are right insertcoffee, this is a hot topic at the moment and there are a few threads going.  We may be able to do something very similar to what we did with the Status Challenge threads.   Thanks for the suggestion!

insertcoffee Platinum

Thanks, carat

Recommend this be done for several others that are multi-threaded as well, which causes numerous issues. It should help assisting travelers with information so your volunteer Insider Army doesn't have to keep repeating the same things on multiple threads, along with other value adds.  Challenges comes to mind, which you've got covered, the birthday threads, the megabonus (I know there are multiples for the Fall), and I'm sure nationwide brightlybob bejacob and others can chime in with additional examples. This will really make the website a much more valuable resource, while perhaps reducing Answer Fatigue on the part of your helpers.

erc Platinum

This is an excellent idea, that perhaps its time has come. This has been suggested several times prior, but for whatever reason (perhaps labor intensity, interest, or technical capability) has never been implemented.

Flyertalk moderators consolidate repetitive topics into one thread and it works fine (which makes me think, it's somehow the infamous Marriott I.T. capability).

Here's a couple of recent examples - first one from Marriott Flyertalk, second one from Starwood Flyertalk

Moved  New Marriott Property Coming to Charleston area

Moved  India Luxury Tax Questions

The strengthening of the Search function would also be a major help, but like the above, it's apparently not on Marriott's radar, which I don't have a beef with, given how small a platform we are. I'm just glad they still have Insiders.

For years we used to get, "Do Award nights count as elite nights?", "How do Rollover Nights count?" and other questions, over and over again, often like the Birthday Question example above, in the same time period.  The veterans pluto, painedplatinum, shoeman, jerrycoin, et al. used to answer them politely, over and over again and then finally wore out, so the next group of us newbies stepped in, finally wearing out, and then so on and so on.

If the reasonable insertcoffee suggestion can/will be implemented, then the NathalieF team and her current moderators will be the ones doing it, because they are one of the strongest units Marriott has assigned to this dark corner of the global enterprise .

usuallyinchina Platinum

Add me to the list of the missing birthday credit!  Every year I receive both the email and the night, this year zero on both accounts.  At least the Marriott in Ningbo, China sent up a cake, wine, and other gifts to me

We sure can, usuallyinchina!  I've reached out via direct message for additional details. 

hilton2marriott Gold

I had a quick question about the Birthday credit; few days left to get my Plat status. Not able to send a direct message.

tewas21 Platinum

Marriott, just post mine already. Been two months already

usuallyinchina Platinum

I also exchanged several messages with Cara to no avail.  Same question, are you sure you did not receive an email from Marriott with the link, yes, I am quite certain...

YogiB Platinum

As I posted earlier today: call (you know: with a phone) the Marriott Rewards hotline and it may be added in under 48h.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...