4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 12, 2016 4:37 PM by bejacob RSS

Online Check-In Experiences

ptomczik Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I've had inconsistent experiences with online check-in, after Sunday night I'm starting to wonder what the point of it really is.  I checked in to the Courtyard in Riverside Cali after checking-in online the day before.  When I arrived, the person at the front desk not only asked for my credit card, but also had me sign an electronic pad.  I've been asked at other hotels for my credit card as well after checking-in online, and sometimes they had not yet assigned a room to me.  It's not a big deal, but isn't the purpose of this "feature" to bypass all that nonsense? 

I feel Marriott is falling way behind other chains in terms of technology.  I stayed at a Hilton Garden Inn a few weeks ago, I got to pick my room on their app.  That was nice!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Online Check-In Experiences
    mustanggt Platinum

I've had a mixed bag of experiences as well using mobile checkin.  At some properties I arrived and they simply handed me the keys.  At others I had to show both a CC and a photo ID.  Shouldn't the process be uniform across all Marriott properties?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I've got no issues with anyone asking for my ID, but just give me the room key and any breakfast vouchers if the CL is not open and let me get to my UPGRADED room. 

You're correct about Hilton and the ability to select your room either online or using the Honors app, come on Marriott get with it already.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

My experience varies. Sometimes they want to swipe my credit card, other times not. Often I get asked for ID, but not always. Upgrades happen maybe half the time. Almost always my keys are ready (only very rarely they aren't). Oh, and I've found that when I use mobile check-in the default platinum arrival gift is points. If I want something else (food & beverage credit or market item), I can request it.

If I plan to arrive before 4pm or after 9pm, I like to let the property know when they should expect me.

I'd say that more often than not, I get to "bypass the nonsense."

taxman193 Platinum 11 Reviews

Same here mixed reviews but I use it all the time and here is why. One the best features of the mobile check-in is that you can select the time you want to check in ( I understand no guarantee the room will be ready) and I often need an early check-in. It has actually been great for me. I have yet to have a room not ready at the requested time and sometimes I request a room to be ready very early in the morning. The only issue I have with it is that I am often assigned a less then desirable room when a co-worker next to me that did not use the mobile check-in and with less status received a better room. I have never been upgraded using it despite my Platinum and Platinum for Life status. Overall though, it's a great benefit and service and just one of the reason I love Marriott.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...