3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2017 10:06 AM by pointjunkie RSS

marriott dayton university of dayton

berlyg Silver 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

First let me say…I am a total Marriott junkie…I only stay at Marriott hotels…even if I have to go out of my way!

...so as I was planning this trip…I knew in my mind the amenities I desired…happily…i had 6 or more Marriott’s within a 20 to 30 minute radius to choose from…so as i honed down my list…I came to the conclusion that the Marriott University of Dayton was going to be a perfect fit…it had the lounge/bar…restaurant…hot tub and pool!…perfect!!

...then I began to read the reviews…(**okay…this is where some people go wrong…if they are negative reviews…I usually take them with a grain of salt…due to the fact…that in my humble opinion…I don’t believe that you should leave a negative review…only positive ones…and here's why...if you have a poor hotel experience…reach out to management…or the rewards community…let them know what happen…nearly 99.99999% of the time…you will be happier that you did…you will know that you actually communicated your concerns, issues or even angers…with someone who can make a difference…not to mention the fact…if you’re a true marriott’ite…you’re likely to be rewarded Marriott rewards points for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay…a win win!!...with no negativity floating around out there)

okay…back to the reviews…and then…i thought…”oh no!!”…the most recent reviews were not very accommodating sounding at all…to be honest…some were quite concerning…but then I thought to myself…ya’ know…this Marriott has all the amenities I want…don’t listen to those reviews(remember self…a lot of people are just whiners by nature)…so just do it!!

…and boy am I glad I did!!!...yes…they are under a full renovation…it clearly states such on the web site…also when your booking your reservation…and when you drive up…it’s very obvious...and obviously when you renovate…it’s because you need updates!...sooo yes…parts of the hotel were completed…parts were under construction…and parts on the to do list…(sooooo outdated)

...I know...I know everyone on the planet is cognitively not “built the same”…and if you are one of those people that just can’t handle a few minor inconveniences…ie: an extra bit of dust...an extra bit of walking to the front desk…etc…then you probably shouldn’t stay here…but if you are willing to overlook such small details…you are truly in for a treat!!…and because I am a full-fledged marriott’ite junkie…i “in advanced” requested a “new” room…(with a few extra soft comfy blankets added)…and because Marriott reps always step up…they did indeed accommodate me with a “new” room…(and two soft comfy blankets waiting for me!!)

…first and final impressions of my room…chic…classy…with a touch of urban modern meets retro…and incredibly comfy!!…from the grays and whites…the beautiful artistic wall with its local tribute style…the stylish furniture pieces…the massive wall mounted TV - recessed in wood cabinetry…as well as the beautiful wall storage wet bar – closet area…to the oversized and spectacular bathroom...truly in spa style!!…the white accessories are beautiful…so much so…that each time I walked in the bathroom I started to take off my shoes before walking on that beautiful plush white bath rug…the bed of course was perfect…very comfortable and cozy…providing me with a great night’s sleep…the new hvac system was not loud or obnoxious…and it worked like a charm…keeping the room cool and comfortable!!...im not quite sure if all the rooms have balconies…but I absolutely LOVED the fact that I had a balcony…I could step outside instantly to get fresh air and catch a different view!

The concierge option is a real treat…with delicious appetizers…hot and cold beverages and cocktails if you desire in the evening…and plenty of delicious options in the morning for breakfast.

Gambits, the lounge/bar/restaurant was very delightful as well…the bartenders and bar back/server were top notch…being very knowledgeable, helpful and friendly…I enjoyed a delicious and perfectly made top shelve margarita…we also enjoyed a scrumptious and well prepared dinner…my husband enjoyed a top sirloin steak that was served with garlic whipped potatoes and broccoli…I enjoyed the Marriott burger with bacon and cheddar cheese on a brioche bun with sweet potato fries.

The huge hot tub was absolutely perfect!!...and the pool…tho a little nippy…after simmering in the hot tub a while…hahaha!…is very large and beautiful…the entire area is beautiful…very clean and well maintained…we personally appreciate the small blue tiles in both the pool and the hot tub…very classic!

…so to sum it up…outside of my room…I honestly couldn’t tell you what areas of the hotel were updated, under construction or out dated…because it didn’t matter…due to that fact the representatives at the Marriott University of Dayton…stepped up…from guest services at check in…to the bar back/server in the lounge…each person we encountered was friendly and helpful…genuinely seeming they appreciated us being there.

I can only attribute this “spot on service” as a reflection of management…tho I don’t remember encountering any management…behind the scenes…they must be doing one heck of a job of being fantastic team leaders…bringing high workplace morale and positive support to their team!!

…we will most definitely be retuning often!!...a ginormous thank you to all the staff…up front and behind the scenes…at the Marriott University of Dayton for making our stay so delightfully perfect!!

…now…full disclosure…I will soon get an automated email…that will ask me to take a survey concerning my stay…it is there that I will pass on any “critiques” …“suggestions” or “issues” that I may or MAY NOT have encountered…just sayin’…sincerely marriott’ite…Kimberly G 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Dayton, Ohio, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Dayton-University of Dayton
Dayton, Ohio, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Dayton Marriott
  • Re: marriott dayton university of dayton
    shaunfromcolumbus,ohio Gold

Nice post with a great deal of good information. Dayton is only one hour away from me. If we stay there I will definitely use this as a guide.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

sandi126 Silver

Nice post for my local hometown Marriott! Was a fabulous Marriott in years past and thanks to the renovations, it will be restored to its beauty. However no matter what the building was beginning to look like, the employees stayed the same.  WONDERFUL!

pointjunkie Platinum 2 Reviews

My two cents...it was a fabulous post!!!!

Negative reviews get you (the reviewer) no where.

And these are probably (99.99%) people who did no research on their trip, who didn't read the "resort" update - which ALWAYS pops up whether on Marriott site or MVCI site, or who didn't bother to read the email sent by the resort before check in about resort "topics" i.e., construction, renovations, etc.

Hope other Insiders post as fabulous an updated post as you.

Thanks!