3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 11, 2016 10:16 AM by carat RSS

New member question

blondietink Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Recently became Marriott Rewards Gold members via my SPG account.  So far loving the choices that Marriott gives us in the cities we frequent as Starwood really didn't have anything available for us where we travel generally.  I think I can count on one hand the SPG hotels (not timeshare resorts) we have stayed in over 10 years on one hand. We already have reservations in 2 different cities within the next 30 days with Marriott.  Anyway, will I be getting a Marriott Rewards card in the mail to present when we check-in like we have with SPG or some other kind of identification? Or is the reservation confirmation enough?  Should I download the Marriott Rewards APP?  Will I be notified via email of promotions or will I have to keep checking for them on my account?

Just an opinion here:  we really, really like the Westin brand of resorts vs. the Sheraton branded resorts.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: New member question
    nationwide Platinum

blondietink, Welcome to Insiders!  We're glad you are here and look forward to hearing your perspectives and expertise from Starwood.  I think you will find this site quite informative on all things Marriott.  As to your questions, you won't ever need the plastic membership card, as your MR number on the reservation will suffice.  However, they will send you one in the mail.  I would encourage you to download the app on your smartphone, as it will enable you to check in and out via phone, monitor points totals, promotions progress, sharing with us on Insiders etc.   Additionally, you will have a virtual version of your membership card via the app should you ever want/need it.  As for the current promotions, Fall MegaBonus, you can sign up via the website,  A few folks have had a tough time getting this promo to stick, so do double-check to make sure it shows up in your promotions.  If not, a quick call to customer service will do the trick.  Please do join the conversation and share your comparitive perspectives as you get acquainted with Marriott.  Safe travels!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Yes, welcome to Insiders blondietink

Since my neighbor nationwide did such a great job of answering your questions the only thing I'd add is that your reservations will have your Rewards number associated with it as long as you make it from your Rewards online account, Mobile App account or calling Marriott Reservations.  Any other way to make a reservation such as a corporate travel department etc., ensure they associate that reservation with your Rewards number.

Looking forward to reading more of your travels and hope you will find many wonderful tips here a I have.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Welcome to the forumblondietink! You've received some wonderful insight from some wonderful Insiders. Thank you nationwide & IAHFLYR 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...