5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 8, 2016 6:42 PM by razorbackfan RSS

Help us identify a church ceiling, please.

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We recently had a magnet made to add to our collection of travel magnets on the refrigerator door.  It was taken in Rome, but we don't know if it was a ceiling in The Vatican or in some other church.  We have the same picture in our Rome Shutterfly book; however, it is only identified as "church interior".  If you can identify the location of this beautiful fresco, we thank you in advance.

Ceiling.jpg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Rome, Italy Marriott Hotels & Resorts Rome Marriott Grand Hotel Flora
  • Re: Help us identify a church ceiling, please.
    trevfour Platinum

HI razorbackfan, I believe it could be this Church

image.png

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Thanks, trevfour.  I think you are correct.  Have you visited the church?

trevfour Platinum

I haven't razorbackfan , I was intrigued and found it using a Google search.

My husband, bikinchris, took the picture and was researching it before he had to leave for a bicycle ride.  He had discovered that it was a painting of Lucifer being thrown out of heaven, but had not yet identified the church.  Thanks so much for the help.

We both remembered the church once we saw the pictures of the outside and the interior.  It was incredibly beautiful as were all of the ones we visited.  We are looking forward to another trip to Italy, hopefully in the not too distant future.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...