22 Replies Latest reply: Nov 1, 2016 7:05 PM by tef6178 RSS

Anyone else?

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I guess I'm giving away my age with this post but I can't help wondering if there are any other Insiders attending the Desert Trip concert in Indio, CA. I'm using my week of timeshare at the Desert Springs Villas II to attend what many baby boomers are referring to as the second coming of Woodstock (yes, I went to the original Woodstock back in the 60's). I am attending Desert Trip during weekend 2 of the concerts October 14, 15 and 16.

The Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney, The Who, Neil Young, Bob Dylan and Roger Daltry are playing over the three nights of the concert. As some of my Insider friends know, I am an old music buff and couldn't pass up this opportunity to see what may be the last chance (because of the performers ages...not mine) to see Rock and Roll Royalty!

If anyone else is attending let me know!

You can see more of a better  descriptive here:  How Desert Trip gives the Woodstock generation another festival to call its own - The Orange County Register

Happy Travels all!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Palm Desert, California, USA Marriott Vacation Club Intl Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II
  • Re: Anyone else?
    lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Wow, that lineup is incredible. So many legends! I actually heard about this earlier in the year, but thought the person telling me about it was pulling my leg. It sounded too good to be true! Have an amazing time, can't wait to hear all about it!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Thanks Lindsey! I'm looking forward to it and will follow up on the goings on!

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Better not tell my husband about it, or I know where we'll be next weekend!  Enjoy!

pluto77 you'd both have a great time! I just read they re-configured the stage arrangements and it opened up some 300 extra seats for you!!

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

I'm working on it tef6178...it's a long shot, but I have a friend, from Dallas, and he and his wife are heading there soon. They have extra tickets for weekend 2 and I'm trying to make it work.

I didn't even know about it until you let me know in Houston.....

That's great painedplatinum...hope you can make it! Let me know if you're get the tix and can make it happen!

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

No luck......I'll be with you in spirit, enjoy the shows!!

Thanks pained...we'll miss seeing you among the 30,000 or so!

Jsucool76 Gold

Who are all those people? Never heard of any of em.

(Note: I know who they are, I just felt like playing the role of ignorant millennial )

A little jealous. Sounds like a wonderful time, with some fantastic talent. Great use of your timeshare week too.

Ha! The music by most of them is timeless! Not like that whatever it is that gets played today ! The timeshare deal is a BARGAIN with this trip since the hotels all doubled and tripled their rates when they found out this concert was coming!

gm1 Gold 1 Reviews

tef6178

Outstanding use of your timeshare week! 

Thanks gm1 we were glad we could use it to do this with the rates being what they are. The best art is that the JW and the timeshare property have a dedicated shuttle bus to and from the concert!

superchief1 Platinum

What a fantastic lineup. It is amazing that these performers and many others of the era are still touring and sounding great. One of my favorites, Kansas, will be in Cincinnati on 10/30 celebrating the 40th anniversary of Leftoverture. Although Steve Walsh retired, the current lineup sounds just like they did during Walsh's prime years. Unfortunately, I will miss this concert because I will be in Marco Island.

Enjoy the concert. We look forward to your review.

Thanks superchief1 ! I'll let everyone know how it was! Enjoy Marco Island!

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

What a great lineup!!  This is the first I am hearing of this festival and would have loved to hear about it sooner. tef6178, sounds like you will have an amazing time, do keep us updated. Also, totally have to agree with Jsucool76 here, fantastic use of a time share.

I heard weekend one was great! I'll be heading there tomorrow!

berlyg Silver 1 Reviews

...wow!!...you are one super lucky marriott’ite!! ...enjoy rockin with all those legends...I will be there...in spirit!!

I'm really looking forward to it! Can't wait!

For those who want to check out Weekend 1.......well....

Desert Trip Indio | Facebook

insertcoffee Platinum

It's a great line up and a great place to go for an event of this nature. I tried to get tickets, unsuccessfully, unfortunately, when they first came out. I'm sure there will be some available through various methods, but I'm not local to the event and prefer to have a sure thing before heading out.

Enjoy.  Hope the crowds are better to the local surroundings than the Coachella people!

Sorry insertcoffee that you couldn't get the tix to go. We're going for the gusto as we have the unlimited food and drink package in the air conditioned suites to complement our seats for the concert each night!

The concert is being referred to as 'Oldchella' because of the older aged folks (including me) who they expect to be the biggest group in attendance! I know I'll be spending a lot of bucks outside the concert venue in the local establishments while there! I love the area!

erc Platinum

I was doing a rare event (work) when this flashed across the board, so it went under my radar.

tef6178 for those who don't know, was a teenage rock star (paid for college tuition with his gig money). Not wanting to end up like Keith Moon, he studied business and went into management and as you can see, was successful enough to buy the Primo package as well as enjoy his Marriott Timeshare (but don't get him started on maintenance fees ).

He'll probably be called up on stage, but unlike the college kid that played with the Boss

091116_SpringsteenAucoin

Mick and the boys (older than tef) won't be able to get him out of his fancy digs

(look closely, there's one of the Desert Trip performers on the wall - lil' Bobby Zimmerman from Minn a soda, who just today was awarded the Nobel Prize for literature).

Well played, tef, well played,

erc what a great memory remembering my kid aged rock exploits and a sense of humor to boot! Been traveling ever since it ended (to Boston and back) but what a great show it was!! Packed every night the food was fantastic and best of all the transportation and performances went off without a single hitch! Extremely well organized! The Who and Neil Young talked about the 85,000 in attendance. Don't know if their numbers were right or wrong but the place was packed! Dylan must have been thinking about his newly minted Nobel Peace prize because he never said one word to the audience....but, that's true Dylan!

The Rolling Stones were great! I remember seeing them about 10 years ago and thought they were a bunch of noise but wow did they sound good this time and put on a great performance! Even Mick Jagger learned how to play the guitar! He never played anything in the old days. Amazing how the music family stays together....Neil Young's backup band included Willie Nelson's kids and The Who's drummer is Ringo Starr's boy!

But, my best and most liked performer of the three days of music was Paul McCartney.

McCartney played two and a half hours and rocked the place! It was a fantastic weekend!

I tried posting pics but they all posted upside down! Sorry....

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...