14 Replies Latest reply: Oct 5, 2016 3:51 PM by seatexan RSS

Insider Gathering in Houston - Spirit to Serve

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

It's hard to believe that its been a few weeks since a large group of Insiders descended on the JW Houston Downtown for a chance to meet and greet. Even more amazing is that none of us has (at least as far as I can tell) nominated anyone for a Spirit to Serve award. Let me rectify that immediately.

I wish to nominate NathalieF for everything she did to help make the event so great. Here are just a handful of the things she did after she became involved in the event planning.

• Arranged an incredible "Insider" rate at the JW Houston Downtown which was about half the regular nightly rate.
  • Organized a fantastic cocktail reception complete with all the food and drink we could possible want
  • Convinced both Jasmine Huffman and MR head honcho, Thom Kozik, to attend along with her
  • Provided lovely gift bags for everyone in attendance
  • Brought along a professional photographer to capture the entire event

There are certainly staff members at the JW who also deserve a nomination, but I'm embarrassed to say I did not get any specific names of the bartenders, servers, and other folks who did a wonderful job during the weekend. Hopefully others who were there might remember names and nominate those who worked hard so we could enjoy ourselves.

In any case, Nathalie certainly went far above and beyond her normal responsibilities in helping put together a fabulous event. She has already received our thanks. Now she deserves a little something from the Marriott brass. I think I speak on behalf of everyone who attended when I say, "Job excellently done!"

• Re: Insider Gathering in Houston - Spirit to Serve
    razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

I whole-heartedly second this nomination.

P.S. bejacob  You also nominated NathalieF for the Spirit to Serve Award in June describing everything she had accomplished in planning the Insiders Gathering in Houston prior to the event.  I don't know if she received the award at that time, but if she didn't receive it then, she definitely should receive it now.  If she did receive it then, I think she deserves it again!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

seatexan Platinum

I am casting my vote as well! Awesome job NathalieF

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

My vote also goes to NathalieF.  I believe our Nurses (Bartenders) downstairs were Ricardo and Chris bejacob, I think SeaTexan might be able to verify.

seatexan Platinum

Yep! those were our guys! <3

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

What was the name of the bartender in the CL on Saturday night? For some reason, I'm thinking his name was Max. Anyone remember? He did a great job.

seatexan Platinum

I should remember this one....seeing as I started to do his job and he was like noooo you can't serve people!   and I am like BUT I NEED THIS WHOLE BOTTLE OF WINE!!! for the table of course!

Anyway, something about Texas licencing... Louisiana has ruined me!

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Oh not you cannot serve nor take the entire bottle in Texas, and yes I do believe Max was his name as he kept me well lubricated.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

160916_ev_JW_004.jpg

Max may be right.  He was a delightful young man and really did a great job.

seatexan Platinum

It looks like Max on his name tag Slightly fuzzy, but I would say yes, Max.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

They all have my vote!

Wonderful work, and a lot of it!

Thank-you all!

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

I Would agree . She did a great job . Many thanks

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

Nathalie is Tops!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...