7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 5, 2016 9:55 AM by iahflyr RSS

Have you all linked your accounts to starwood?

eyesee Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hello,

Have most of you already gone ahead and linked your Marriott and Starwood accounts?

Is there any disadvantage?

Anything I should be aware of?

Thanks so much!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Have you all linked your accounts to starwood?
    psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

I did it.  No disadvantage that I can tell.  Just don't transfer points from one to the other unless you want to use them.  Looks like, at least for now, you can just leave things where they are, unless you need to move from one to the other.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

mustanggt Platinum

There is no disadvantage to linking your accounts.  However, when choosing to stay at either a Marriott or SPG property make sure you concentrate enough stays at one or the other in order to achieve the highest status (i.e. gold or platinum) possible.  Of course, if you are already lifetime platinum then you can stay wherever you want in order to take advantage of various promotions that either Marriott or SPG is running at the time.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

agree and for me I don't think I have any stays at a Starwood but when I did link my platinum acct is it nice to get all the Starwood platinum offers

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

I last stayed at one of their properties about 35 years ago, so I'm in no hussy.  I will do it, though.

nationwide Platinum

eyesee - I have made the link, and gotten the status match to platinum.  I am hoping to look at a few SPG properties to expand my options for a little holiday vaca in Mexico around Christmas time.  I don't see any disadvantage to making the link, although, I am still looking for the upside    With the points exchange, I have yet to see a property in the SPG portfolio worth 3 times as many Marriott points.

yalebulldog99 Platinum

I have the same question...

The only thing giving me pause is lifetime status. I'm lifetime gold with Starwood and I'm sure they will honor that, but I'm wondering if in the new program they will count total years platinum (or gold) with each program when the programs merge in 2018. It is my thought that if I am currently platinum independently with both programs versus through the match, this year might count as two elite years assuming whatever lifetime scheme they come up with is a blend of nights, elite years, and perhaps points (though points wouldn't work so easily with Starwood people). I have no current need to transfer points and thus there are no current benefits - at least for me.

I can't think of another disadvantage and pipe-dream or not, I hope this makes sense and is not the jet lag talking from 80 hours in the air in one week!

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Linked and waiting to see if a Starwood property comes into view for travel early next year.

nationwide we could just go up the street and give the new Westin a try and if it doesn't hold water to the ole Hotel in The Woodlands, TX | The Woodlands Waterway Marriott?  A mini TIPPLE!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...