8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 7, 2016 12:19 PM by phctourist RSS

Parking??

pilam76 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Recently stayed in Atlanta and out of 10 marriott hotels in downtown and buckhead, only 2 did not charge for parking. All hotels that charged for parking charged at the minimum $27/night for parking which I find outrageous. I stayed at a FFI that had free parking(I refuse to pay especially $30/night), has there ever been a movement to waive the fee for platinum / gold members??? That is my one perk I'd like to see.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Atlanta, Georgia, USA Fairfield Inn By Marriott Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Buckhead
Atlanta, Georgia,
Atlanta/Buckhead, Georgia, USA
  • Re: Parking??
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Completely agree with you, but If you did't like those parking rates then don't even look at Seattle or San Francisco among numerous other cities.

There has been on and off again chatter about free parking for P & G Elites, but then we get caught up in the fact most of the parking sites are not run by Marriott rather contractors or by parking garage owners.  I'm sure there is an answer to that issue it just hasn't been discovered as yet that I'm aware of.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

seatexan Platinum

I expect to pay for parking at any hotel located downtown in pretty much any city, unless it's a tiny downtown.  You will be hard pressed to find free parking in most major cities. 

$27 is really good! Try New Orleans which is about $36 or more.  I would flinch if I ever see $50 for parking, then I might find an alternative. 

A discount would be great for Plat, maybe us poor golds... and even silver... percentage wise based on member level.

If Marriott is not running these parking lots, like iahflyer said, then it will be even harder to make that happen.  I know hotel's in New Orleans have parking garages off site and are under contract thru another company.  I always let them know if I will be needing my car b/c if I don't they can bring it to the over flow lot and leave it for the weekend. They literally run blocks away to the over flow garage. I can understand why parking cost!

Even if the parking lot is RIGHT there, looking like the hotel owns it, it might not.  My office owns several lots downtown right next to buildings that make it look like people in that adjacent building can park there, but nope...they will be towed. :/

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

One reason to uber into and out of hotel especially  if you dont need to leave hotel or can use public transportation

jdl Platinum

I frequent the Long Wharf in Boston. For well over 20 years. I never really looked at the parking charges. I remembered them in the $38 - $40 range.

On a recent trip, I realized they had gone up to $54/night. That is just crazy! When you are paying $599 for a regular room the least they can do is give Platinum members a discount. I don't care if it's only five bucks; it's about the gesture.

And to add more gas on the fire,,,,I found out that they rent out spots to local businessman at the office building across the street. Maybe that why the garage fills up and they sometimes run out of indoor spots for guests. The company running this property should be ashamed of themselves.

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

Parking at downtown Philadelphia hotels (Marriott, Courtyard and Residence Inn) will cost between $49-$54/night.    I stayed at another Marriott hotel, The Franklin Hotel at Independence Hall, and payed $28/night. 

homoviator Platinum

This is when you need to consider the drive and fly option. If you choose that, it makes the cost very reasonable. Nobody likes to pay more, but there is also the obvious issue that certain locations have to charge for parking.  Some are less obvious, like a parking lot on the outskirts of Orland, but then they tend to give it to you for free if you have any status or maybe gold and above. Know before you go and that will help. Call and they will tell you what their policy is. Sometimes they will comp you parking, sometimes not.

annie

AZDesertRat Platinum

I'm with you.  Since my travel costs come out of my own pocket and not an employer's, I generally avoid hotels with big parking charges.  Some of our well traveled Insiders have pointed out less expensive local alternatives to reduce parking costs at particular hotels, so it might be a good idea to ask on this site if there are any alternatives at a given location.  For instance, I stayed at the Casa Monica in St Petersberg, FL, where there was a $25/night charge for parking, but discovered when we arrived that there was ample metered street parking which was free from 5:00 pm until 9:00 am, making avoidance of the $25 charge easy to manage - which I did.  At the Renaissance in Denver, there is plenty of nearby, unmetered parking.  I have seen many accounts on this site of locations where nearby, more affordable parking could be found. 

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

I simply add the daily parking charges, along with resort fees, etc. to the room rate, when comparing costs,  Don't be fooled into just comparing the room rate.  Look at the bottom line.  And don't forget meal costs.  If breakfast is included in a room rate, don't be fooled by a lower rate at the nearby CY.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...