7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 4, 2016 7:05 AM by nationwide RSS

Mobile App - Are Requests Made Using It Fulfilled

idt Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I'm curious to know how other people have fared when using Marriott's mobile app to make requests.  My experience is that 90% of requests are ignored, with roughly half of those being closed without being fulfilled and the other half left open.

I normally check-in using the app and make the following requests immediately afterwards:

• Bath robe (unless I know the room will have one in it automatically)
  • Extra toiletries, so there's enough for showers in the evening and the morning

I've also tried using the app to request wake-up calls after I've arrived at the hotel.

It's rare for any of these requests to be provided, and the response by the hotel reception when I tell them is usually "tell us what you asked for and we'll send it to the room straight away".

Is it just the hotels I stay at that are like this, or is this a common problem?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Mobile App - Are Requests Made Using It Fulfilled
    vojimen Platinum

I have had good luck using requests.  Examples:

- Requested and received a microfridge.

- Requested wake-up calls and they worked

- The concierge lounge didn't have bottles of water, just a water dispenser.  They sent me up bottles of water after I asked about it as a "Other" request (or whatever it is called).

- Asked various questions, usually received answers.

I think in the past there were a few times I put in a special request (that basically ends up kinda being a chat thing with the property) and no one answered so I would recommend asking the hotel if they use the system or just give it a try using the the "Other Request" method as a test, if no one answers you can assume they aren't using the app yet.

When it works it is great, but I am sure it is frustrating when it doesn't work.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

I have made 2 requests using the mobile app, and received confirmation that they would be fulfilled, yet both times, the requests went unfulfilled.  As soon as I arrived in the room and realized the miss-step, a quick call downstairs rectified the deficiency, thankfully.

dream606 Gold

I've had the same experience.  I've put in 2 requests in the past and they were not fulfilled.  I've given up on the app since then and have not tried again.  I feel like the staff is not setup to check mobile requests.

seatexan Platinum

I have used it 3 times and twice it was unfilled.

Marriott North Houston, Greenspoint Success! Toothbrush delivered before I got there.  I did thank them in an e-mail to the manager of the hotel.

JW New Orleans - Fail. Front desk didn't even know of the app. Don't even get me stated on my last 3 stays there, LOL

JW San Antonio Hill County - Fail.  Even chatted with an associate. 3 attempts were made in various ways to get more towels.

I have also given up on the app.  Calling works better.

Jsucool76 Gold

I've never used it in the mobile app that we have access to, but I did use it on the in room ipad at TIPPLE at the JW houston (I assume it's basically the same thing).

Requested a toothbrush and toothpaste, when i got to my room, went down to the bar to meet everyone, and it was there when I came back.

My guess is it is entirely dependent on the staff actually checking the requests that come in, so it will definitely vary by hotel.

droma Platinum

Only tried it once at Marriott Marquis San Diego.  0 response with the request (a simple one for some extra shampoo, body wash, etc...) on a 4 night stay.  Never closed, or even acknowledged that it was looked at.  Needless to say, it left a sour taste so I haven't even attempted it again.

nationwide Platinum

idt - I have found the mobile app to be hit or miss.  For both check-ins, and special requests, I find success is typically tied to how busy the hotel is.  In short, if they are busy or a little short-staffed, the app seems to be one of the first things to get ignored/postponed.  When it works, it's great, but I am no longer surprised when it doesn't. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...