7 Replies Latest reply: Sep 28, 2016 1:57 PM by theolejudge RSS

Something different to post about...

fistuk Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Today is a different day... a sad day... a day of mourn and grief for the passing of one of the greatest & most important men in the world, who died today at the age of 93:

Shimon Peres, former Israeli prime minister & president and Nobel peace prize winner.

Shimon Peres dedicated his life to his people. All he cared about was how to make our world a better place to live in, and since a very young age he started acting in this direction doing a lot to push his great ideas, wishes and inspiration forward.

Every day of his life started very early in the morning and ended very late at night just to make his outmost to succeed in making this planet a better place for all, in general, and for Israel & Israelis in particular.

I was thinking a lot about posting this issue here... after all, what does it got to do with our rewards program or with our traveling?

Well, in fact, it has a lot to do with those if you think about it:

If there was a situation in which anyone of us could travel anywhere on the globe being happy, calmed & relaxed, without being afraid and\or without knowing that in some places you won't be accepted because who you are - than this world would have been a much greater & better place to live in.

Everything Shimon Peres had been seeking during his life is global peace for the world and peace of mind for his people. Leaving in peace and returning home in peace is what we all inspire to do when we travel, and by making it so we all acquire our peace of mind - another way of being rewarded in life.

He was the only politician I've ever admired, and I truly hope that this very day of the end of his life will become the beginning for others to continue his legacy and to make his vision a reality.

Shimon Peres, rest in peace...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Something different to post about...
    seatexan Platinum

Thank you for posting this.  I was not aware of this news. 

You are right, we all want to travel and feel safe in doing so.  People like Shimon Peres help make that happen.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

Thanks for your post, fistuk.  Shimon Peres's passing certainly deserves not only notice, but remembering his significant contributions to his country and the World.

gm1 Gold 1 Reviews

I heard the news of Shimon Peres' passing yesterday on the radio.  There are some world leaders who make a positive and lasting impression and he was definitely in that group.  Definitely sad news.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

a great leader

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

Well said, fistuk.  Perez was one of the world's great leaders during my lifetime.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

The world would be a better place with more leaders like Perez. I have long admired him. Thank you, fistuk, for sharing your thoughts about him with us.

theolejudge Gold 4 Reviews

He was a great Leader that I admired...world needs more like him.....Bill

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...