19 Replies Latest reply: Oct 5, 2016 9:18 AM by carat RSS

Birthday Night Credit

rle Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Hello,

Has anyone else had issues getting their birthday night credit?  I received an email on my birthday two weeks ago that I was being rewarded 1 elite night credit, which was a lovely birthday surprise.  The email asked me to confirm my account and identity and took me to MR's page where it congratulated me and told me I would see my night credited to my account in 48 hours.  However, one email and one phone call resulting in a "work request" later and I still do not see my birthday night credit added.  I even attempted to click through the email process a couple times again and I keep getting the error message that I have already claimed my birthday elite night credit. 

Can any of the MR moderators help?

Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Birthday Night Credit
    lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Just sent you a DM about this, RLE

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

rle Gold

Thank you, lindseyh

retiredbkr Platinum

I have suffered the same fate.  Not the first time this has happened.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

So sorry to hear this retiredbkr!  I have reached out via direct message to provide support. 

retiredbkr Platinum

Rewards # - 666-711-627

DOB - Sep. 04/44

cjmarriott Silver 1 Reviews

How did you get a birthday night credit?  I've never gotten one of those.

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Make sure your birthday is listed in your account and that you are subscribed to all Marriott emails, which you can adjust in your email prefferences: https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myAccount/editEmailPreferences.mi.

If you have all of this covered already and you have still not received your Birthday Elite night credit, please send me a direct message with your Rewards number so that we may address this.

Thanks!

Perfect!  I just updated it.  I am seeing lots of benefits by simply visiting the Marriott Rewards Insider site daily!  Why oh why didn't I actively participate in this community before now?

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Better late than never!

Glad to hear you're enjoying the community.

What category is the room?

coupons Gold

the credit you receive is an elite night not a night's stay at a property; for many people, this additional elite night helps them reach their gold or platinum stauts; I am one night short and the b-day elite night will give me my gold status; hoep this clarifies the issue

this topic has been thoroughly discussed under this quetion

Did you get a free Elite night on your birthday?

coupons Gold

This topic is covered thoroughly under the following question.  I stared this in 2015; I noticed that carat has repsonded to you already

Did you get a free Elite night on your birthday?

rle Gold

I called Marriott about this because I never received my birthday elite night credit (still have not) and they put in a "work order" and told me to wait about 3 business days. 

I then posted in this forum a question about this and was told that there are computer issues with Marriott right now and that they are compiling a list of all the MR members who did not receive their birthday night credits to add them later.  However, that was a week ago and it has now been 3 weeks since I "accepted" the birthday night elite credit; I still have not seen it added to my account. 

Did anyone who received this email this year actually get their night credited to their account?

Do any of the Marriott moderators have some update on this?  deannad? lindseyh?  Anyone else?

Thanks.

coupons Gold

Just to clarify I am the original poster of this question under the heading did you get an elite nite for your b-day; this is an offshoot of the question;I have always gotten my nite except for this year; I had called them about something else and found out that I did not get it and I too am still waiting

bjs1 Platinum 1 Reviews

It has been a six week wait for me, and no response to my last email I sent to customer service.  Minor issue, but still disappointing Marriott has not gotten this resolved.

So sorry for the frustrations, bjs1!  This system update does take a while to complete, but we assure you this credit will be added to your account as soon as possible.

Every year around this time, the system that awards the credit goes through an update and we understand that the length of time required for it to be completed is an inconvenience.  We have reached out to the team for any news about when this will be completed and they were not able to give us a time frame.  As soon as we've heard the system is working as it should, we will be sure to let you know when you can expect this credit listed in your account. 

tibiszabo Member

I'm missing my birthday elite night as well. Could anyone help?

Sure can, tibiszabo! Would you mind sending me a direct message with your Rewards number and the month and date of your birthday? We'll add you to our list.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...