3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 27, 2016 5:23 PM by iahflyr RSS

Gold Status Benefits Clarification

rle Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Hello,

I am hoping someone can clarify a benefit under the Gold Status.  It says that Gold Members are supposed to get lounge access with daily breakfast.  It also states that in the even there is no lounge at a specific hotel, then the hotel will offer you something else, like points. Neither of the first two hotels I have stayed at under my new Gold Status had a lounge and I was offered either free breakfast or bonus points.  I am confused because my interpretation of the benefits is that you get the breakfast anyway.  Is the breakfast tied to the lounge access?  So, if there is no lounge, then there is no free breakfast? In which case the hotel can offer you your choice of free breakfast OR bonus points?  Or are the two benefits NOT tied together?  It seems to me that both are perks and so if there is no lounge access, I should receive the bonus points as a consolation but also the breakfast?  Am I in error? 

Thank you in advance. break

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
San Diego, California, USA
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Las Vegas Marriott
  • Re: Gold Status Benefits Clarification
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

Hi RLE,

Welcome to Insiders. Take a look at the benefits link here, which explains the lounge/breakfast benefit for Gold status members.  Discover Marriott Gold Elite Benefits

Not all brands offer the complimentary breakfast benefit. For those brands that do, if the lounge is closed on weekends, you're entitled to either free continental breakfast in the restaurant, or 750 or 1000 points per day (depending on hotel) in lieu of breakfast. No compensation is otherwise given for the lounge being closed on weekends. And many hotels (but not all) generously offer a full, hot breakfast instead of the continental.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

rle Gold

Thank you Pluto77, that helped.  I thought the benefits were separate but I guess they are tied together.  You get lounge access and breakfast in the lounge but without the lounge, you just get your choice of breakfast (if the hotel offers it) or bonus points. 

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

If the CL is closed then you should be offered either a complimentary Continental breakfast coupon in the restaurant (some properties will give you a full breakfast buffet rather than the Continental version) OR you get the bonus points.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...