1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 27, 2016 4:38 PM by cmeyer RSS

What does it take to get to Platinum Premier

gatorlitigator Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I've been hoping to make Platinum Premier for a couple years now, but, thus far, no dice. 

I've been Platinum Elite for about 4 years and this year already have about 110 nights and will probably hit 140 including reward stays. 

I've heard the Plat Premier is only the top 2-5% of platinums, anf tgat there is no specific requirements, but I was just wondering from those of you who've made it, whether I'm in the ballpark.

I'm also curious if it is based on nights or dollars spent, if it's the latter, I'm probably out of luck as most of my paid stays are for work and at the Government discounted rate.

I'd appreciate any insight.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: What does it take to get to Platinum Premier
    cmeyer Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

I have read a couple of times (also on this forum) that one requirement is to be Platinum for three full calendar years in a row, i.e. the year in which you first qualify for Platinum doesn't count.

In my case, this seems to fit: I first qualified in 2012 and was Platinum in 2013 - 2015. This year I became Platinum Premier for the first time.

Not sure about the requirements regarding nights or dollars spent.

I had at least 170 paid nights per year, mostly at corporate rates in CY hotels.

Cheers, Christian

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...